We miss you and LOVE you Casey.

Casey

Casey is one of- a kind.

Barked: Mon Feb 12, '07 11:54am PST 
It is with great sadness that I tell you all that Casey passed away this morning at 7:45am. For the past 5 months, she was fighting lymphoma. She gave that horrible disease a good fight. She was given 3 months with no treatment and around 1 year with treatment. She had T-cell lymphoma which is the more aggresive type, it did not respond to any of her chemotherapy treatments more than a couple of weeks. Yet, Casey still managed to live 2 more months than she was given. I cannot tell you how thankful I am for those extra 2 months we had to spend with her. Sinse the time she was diagnosed in september, we had many, many great memories with Casey. Great memories on top of the memories we already had together over the years. I don't know what I'll do without her. The pain of loosing her is the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. The only comfort I have is knowing that she is in heaven right now, feeling good, and happier than ever. She will wait for me and the rest of our family to meet her there one day, and in the meantime, we will all miss her more than words can say.
We are having a memorial service for Casey at 6:30pm this evening with our family. I am trying to work out another service to take place later this week sometime. We would greatly appreciate it if those of you reading this could light a candle for Casey, and for all dogs still struggling with lymphoma, and send it to me so that I can put it on the website I am putting together in Casey's honor. Feel free to right something on the picture if you wish. Thank you to everyone who has supported us and kept Casey and our family in your thoughts the past few months. We ask that you still keep us in your thoughts in prayers as we grieve the loss of the best friend we could ever ask for. WE ALL LOVE YOU CASEY!!!!!
Riley 2000 - 2006

Stay calm, be- brave, watch for- the signs

Barked: Mon Feb 12, '07 12:02pm PST 
Our hearts go out to you in your loss. We know that you did everything you could for her, and that's what counts. I believe she knows it too.