New Members, please intoduce yourself HERE!!

(Page 7 of 18: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  
Naila

I wanna go too! - :oD

Barked: Mon Nov 20, '06 3:21pm PST 
Hey I just thought I'd let you guys know that I have a new video on my page showing my tricks. Check it out!
Renji

People say I'm- cute, and I know- I am!

Barked: Mon Nov 20, '06 3:23pm PST 
Hi, my name is Renji. I am a 2 and a half month old puggle (pug/beagle). Mommy and Daddy are so proud of me because I learned how to sit yesterday. I found it a piece of cake. I love pleasing them because I know I get treats. I look forward to learning more! You dogsters are all so smart!
I obviously haven't been to any classes yet, but I hear Mommy and Daddy talking about it. Daddy doesn't think I need them; Mommy doesn't either but she thinks it would be good for me to meet other doggies. Maybe when I'm old enough.
Lady

Barked: Mon Nov 20, '06 3:29pm PST 
I'm Lady, and I've been to a eight week training class. I know how heel, stay, come, sit, down, touch and roll over. I get excited in new places, so sometimes I don't obey the commands until my owner makes me settle down. I didn't get trained until I was 5 years old, because I had different owners 'till I was almost four, and then my new owner tried to train me by themselves. They finally gave up and went to a training class, where they used clicker training. I do best with hand signals.

Buddy ☮

Ducks Are My- Nemeses

Barked: Mon Nov 20, '06 7:08pm PST 
Hey pals! ive introduced my self already, but its wayyy at the beginning!
Im buddy and I JUST learned Spin yesterday! any advice on getting rid of the little bit of hang signal at the beginning?
Gio

CD RE (CKC)- RXMCL (CARO) FM- CGN SJATD

Barked: Mon Nov 20, '06 7:28pm PST 
Hey Buddy, if you are responding well to the hand signal, then for the next while have your human tell you to spin with the hand signal and a word command (probably "spin", right? BOL). After a while, try to phase out the hand signal and just use the word. It might take some time, but keep using both at the same time for the next while and you will start to catch on that "spin" means the same thing as the hand signal.

Just wondering though, is there a reason you don't want to use the hand signal? I like to train using hand and vocal command. Old dogs tend to lose either sight and/or hearing so I like to have a backup incase one of those faculties goes somewhere down the line. That may not be as important for something like a "spin", but heel, sit, stay, down, come, etc. I like to have a both a hand and a vocal command.

Good luck!
Poncho

Weapon of Mass- Distraction

Barked: Mon Nov 20, '06 7:43pm PST 
Hand signals usually are more important too. In loud areas, or if the dog is at a distance, voice commands don't usually work. It becomes alot easier to see what your asking for versus trying to hear it
Tracksie- (TDIT, CGC)

Follow- Your Nose, &- Heart

Barked: Tue Nov 21, '06 2:00pm PST 
Hey everypup!!! I'm Tracksie!
I am a beagle. I am 4 years old.
I've never been to training classes, or anything like it.
Right now, I know 19 tricks!

Hope to get to know you all! This seems like a really fun group!
Naila

I wanna go too! - :oD

Barked: Tue Nov 21, '06 2:38pm PST 
I have a problem when Nai is out and about (versus home where she listens to me more). When we are out, she finds it more important to sniff and inspect everything rather than listen to my come command. Any suggestions?
Mini

CHECK OUT MY- TRICK- VIDEO!!!

Barked: Tue Nov 21, '06 5:07pm PST 
Naila, I post my response to your question here Tricks/ Commands you Wanna Learn OR have Troubles learning. Hope this helps!!

For other pups who have any questions about learning commands or tricks, feel free to post your questions there too! smile
Buddy ☮

Ducks Are My- Nemeses

Barked: Tue Nov 21, '06 7:52pm PST 
Hey Pups!
about the spin, buddy learned it by following the hand, as im sure most of you did! now im trying to eliminate the hand leading him at the beginning, possibly just to voice command, or maybe a signal like a spinning finger to avoid the comment "hes just going where you lead him"

edited to say im gonna post this in the new thread

Edited by author Tue Nov 21, '06 7:57pm PST

(Page 7 of 18: Viewing entries 61 to 70)  
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  16  17  18