Tell me!

Bleys

Did someone say- dinner?

Barked: Thu Sep 14, '06 7:45am PST 
So what do ya'll do as volunteers? We recently got certified by the local humane society and started going to a center for the treatment of eating disorders. It was pretty cool and the girls there were very thankful. What about you?
JACK FROST

TO HAVE A TAIL- WAGGIN' GOOD- TIME!

Barked: Fri Sep 15, '06 9:54am PST 
MOMMA AND I GO TO NURSING HOMES, ASSISTED LIVING HOMES,CHILDREN'S HOMES,HOSPITALS,ADULT DAYCARE, LIBARIES, SCHOOLS AND I EVEN GO WITH MOMMA AND DADDY TO THEIR DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS. ALL I DO IS JUST OFFER ALOT OF LOVE AND AFFECTION. THAT HELPS TO RELIEVE STRESS. SOME TIME WE ARE THE ONLY FRIENDLY FACE SOME PEOPLE GET TO SEE. WE LOVE WHAT WE DO WE RECIEVE A BLESSING FROM EVER VISIT.
WE GO TO SCHOOLS AND LIBARIES. I ENJOY HEARING THE KIDS READ TO ME. I DON'T EVEN TELL THEM IF THEY MISS A WORD. IT'S GOOD PRACTICE FOR THEM AND I ENJOY THE STORIES.
I HOPE YOU ENJOY PET THERAPY AS MUCH AS I DO!!
Zoey

The Great- Communicator

Barked: Fri Sep 15, '06 12:04pm PST 
Wow. I never knew we could work at a center for eating disorders. I certainly am the best model of how to have a good appetite. I'd love to know more about what you do during a visit. We are trained not to take any food when we visit and some of the times I went to the nursing home, activities had scheduled a coffee hour with donuts and I was DEEPLY CONFLICTED.

Bleys

Did someone say- dinner?

Barked: Wed Sep 20, '06 4:59pm PST 
At the center we pretty much just hang out. The residents are usually there for at least a month and it's a relatively stressful environment, away from their families, lots of intense sessions etc. So we go and I step back and let the people play with Bleys. He wags his tail and licks some faces and hopefully we all leave a little more cheerful.