GO!

Great toys that last

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Dawn

Rub my belly

Barked: Tue Jun 23, '09 8:56am PST 
I have been working hard on getting the best toys that I can't tear apart. I wanted to share my results for the best toys for chewing.

1.Kong
2. Hurly, Huck
3. Orbee
4. pup Treads
5. Dogs in action
6. Toyshoppe Rubber football & ball
7. Almost Indestructable Ball
8. Hol-ee roller by JW Pet
9. Tuffies

Please if you know some more toys add them.

A nice site for good toys
http://www.bigtimedogtoys.net/designer-showcase.html

Edited by author Thu Jul 23, '09 6:01am PST

[notify]
Ella

All squeakies- must die!

Barked: Wed Jul 1, '09 9:47pm PST 
1. Everlasting Treat Ball
2. Busy Buddy Bones

These are expensive, but worth it. They CANNOT tear them apart, just like Kongs, but these are more interactive and take them longer. Especially the Everlasting Treat Ball.
[notify]
Dawn

Rub my belly

Barked: Thu Jul 23, '09 6:01am PST 
Thanks! I will give them a try and add them to the list!
[notify]

Paladin

Smiley

Barked: Tue Mar 2, '10 3:25pm PST 
Loopies. puppy Lots of loops for me and mom to grab and tug. It's soft and floats, and durable for tug, and even rolls pretty well. It doesn't hurt me when I shake it or toss it in the air. dog way to go

snoopy
[notify]
Leo

Leo The Lover

Barked: Wed Mar 3, '10 10:18am PST 
I make and sell dog toys from recycled jeans. They hold up well and are very rugged. If you mention dogster I'll give you free shipping.
http://smilingfrogs.etsy.com

If you know anything about sewing dog toys are easy to make. Squeakers are available online and in most pet stores. The most important part of a toy, in my dog's opinion, is a squeaker.
[notify]
Riley

Barked: Mon Jul 26, '10 1:46pm PST 
I appreciate the thread. I too have my new Golden pup and have been looking for those long lasting toys. Of course, getting her at 7 weeks and having her just 6 days now, the bigger issue has not been destroyed toys but soiled toys. Her Kong got poopy after an accident in her crate at night and then a stuffed duck got a little stinky after a bad crate night, too. Hopefully, she will get better and keep her toys clean! I just got her new ones rather than trying to give her a cleaned toy that had poop on it. Thanks for the suggestions, though!
[notify]
Ezra

where is my ucky- ball??

Barked: Sun Apr 17, '11 4:55pm PST 
Woof!dog

I like my uckyball. (That is a tennis ball to humans that us dogs find outside and is ucky.) Also, mommy gave me a rope bone that she tells my dad is a Budda Bone and those come in big sizes. I love that toy.
[notify]
Lacie

Play...lets go!

Barked: Mon May 30, '11 11:42am PST 
1. MY CHASE-IT
My Sheltie loves this toy so much and its so easy to use. Very safe because she stays in the yard. We had it for 3 years and going strong.
I got mine at mychaseit.com

2. Bungee animals because the stretch and are fun and strong too.

3. Cat toys

cheer
[notify]
Mikal

PSD SDIT

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 7:46am PST 
I know this is an old thread, but I think it's worthy of bumping.

My golden is an aggressive chewer and one of the best brands we've found is HuggleHounds. They're plush toys with a layer of mesh type fabric that Mikal hasn't been able to chew through yet!

http://hugglehounds.com/tuffut.htm
[notify]
Mikal

PSD SDIT

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '13 7:46am PST 
Sorry. Double post.

Edited by author Mon Jan 21, '13 7:47am PST

[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2