GO!

Question...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Maggie

Barked: Fri Feb 27, '09 2:18pm PST 
I have a four year old golden retriever (female) and she is rather short haired. I know that she is a purebred, when we bought her I saw both of her parents and they were both purebred registered goldens. But I was just wondering if anyone knows anything about shorthaired goldens?

Picture of her: http://fc88.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/058/b/2/Smiling_Magpie_by_Ara bianNight0804.jpg
[notify]
Dr. Watson

Not a wiener- dawg!

Barked: Thu Mar 12, '09 6:34pm PST 
Hi, Mom can't access that pic for some reason! frown
Could you put any more pics on your Dogster page?
Some questions:
Did you see either parent or any relatives?
Is she from field (working, hunting) or show (bench) stock?
Is she light, medium, or reddish?
Is her fur straight, wavy, or curly?
Soft or coarser?
How long are her feathers on her legs & tail?

I've have 3 red boys in succession, and they've all had different coats. smile Plus, I've seen quite a few other Goldens & there seems to be a lot of variation in coat & feathering length. I'm certainly no expert. Your cutie doesn't seem to have a 'blockhead,' but she still has a Golden face & head. As you can see from Watt's pictures, he has a face more like a bloodhound, BOL!laugh out loud And superior sniffing ability with all those wrinkles!big laugh
But Dr. Watson is purebred. His parents were registered, but I've never registered him because he deoesn't have great hips frown After all, bloodhounds were one of the breeds used to create Goldens.
And he really knows how to work that look...shock
[notify]