GO!

Too hyper

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Carson

Barked: Thu Jan 29, '09 3:05pm PST 
I'm way to hyper. Every time I get to come out of my room I'm full of energy. I can't sit still, I'm always looking for food. What can my mommy do to calm me down? By the way she going to have a baby soon(Feb 4th). She scared I'm going to jump on her belly or hurt the baby when he gets here.
[notify]
Goldiva's- Tangled Up- In Blue

Tally-true best- friend

Barked: Sat Jan 31, '09 1:45pm PST 
Carson, How old are you? Since you are a sporting dog, you were bred to be very active for a few hours a day at least so that then you can be a calm house-dog. You need to run off leash, have a playdate with a doggie friend, and run your heart out at least once a day for a good hour. Fetching a frisbee and chasing balls thrown with Chuck-it is good too. Once you have your quality of life needs met, you will be calmer at other times. Getting called back and forth across a big field between your mom and dad for treats is a good tire out plan. Trainers call this "post office". It will help your recall too- since Carson COME will sound fun and you'll get a yummy treat. If your mom doesnt feel well, she can just hold your collar while someone else runs and hides. Then, she'll tell you Carson FIND, That will make you run and use your brain too. Finally you should have twenty to thirty minutes of homework every day- yur sits, downs, heels, fronts. . . brain has to get a work out too. Minimum: Hour of hard exercise half hour of simple training= good golden. Maybe a day at doggie day care every week could wear some energy down?

Edited by author Sat Jan 31, '09 1:47pm PST

[notify]
Logan

I like new pals!

Barked: Mon Feb 2, '09 7:54am PST 
It looks as though you're only 2 years old. You'll be a little hyper until your 3 or so.

Do you have any training? How much exercise do you get? You need to blow off a lot of energy, you're a young guy.

Anyone there to help Mommy? big grin

How are you with walking on a leash. Once the baby is born and Mommy is up to it, there could be some nice long walks with the stroller. way to go
[notify]

Cooper

SNOW BABY

Barked: Wed Feb 4, '09 5:03am PST 
goldens are energetic dogs, but generally not 'hyper'. i run my dogs 4-5 times a day and in the summer we swim at least 2-3 times a week along with that. also diet is a big factor! if you're feeding cheap food it will aid in hyperactivity. having your dog on a holistic food will make a huge difference!

dog
[notify]