GO!

Barking Golden?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Sierra

Urr urr urr!- Speak loud and- proud!!

Barked: Fri Nov 7, '08 12:54pm PST 
So I was watching Dog 101 the other night and it said Golden Retrievers were among the lowest ranked barkers.

I sat there in disbeliefconfused

My Sierra dog should have been named Piper. She speaks loud and proud all the time.

So did we just get a Golden girl who wanted to be different? Is your GR quiet?
[notify]
Sassi

miss sassi (shes- sassi at times)

Barked: Fri Nov 7, '08 2:38pm PST 
No I am not a quiet golden girl I bark every now and then but I do growl when I talk and I do talk alotas for my brother golden he doesnt bark hardly at all.
[notify]
Tully

Barked: Mon Nov 10, '08 11:48am PST 
Tully rarely ever barks, and if he does, it is always for a reason (i.e. a visitor). Otherwise, he is a very quiet dog.
[notify]

Kailey CD RE CGC TDI

Lovein' life

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '08 1:50pm PST 
My Goldens will bark if they notice something outside. Or if the doorbell ring.

Kailey, she doesn't bark a whole lot.

Jackson, doesn't either. But, he sounds like a Staint Bernard when he barks.
[notify]
Ariel crossed the rainbow bri

Live To Chew!

Barked: Tue Nov 11, '08 3:45pm PST 
I do not know if Ariel can bark. She never has! Even when she was a baby and we crated her for the first night she never whined or anything.
[notify]
Buster- (1996-2008)

Are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Wed Nov 12, '08 7:50pm PST 
Hi, Sierra. wave

The only times I barked were when I was being ignored and wanted some attention, I needed to go outside to potty, I was ready to come back inside after going potty, I was told to Speak, and when I was roughhousing with my owners (which didn't happen very often). Other than those occasions, I didn't bark at all.
[notify]
Duke

Golden Boy

Barked: Fri Nov 14, '08 9:34am PST 
I LOVE to bark!!! I bark all the time. I bark when my people are ignoring me. I bark when my people are eating and not sharing. I bark when I am frustrated. I bark when my bone goes under the couch and I can't get it. I bark when my people are talking to each other. I bark when I get locked in the baby's room at night and can't get the gate open to get out. I LOVE to bark!!!

Edited by author Fri Nov 14, '08 9:35am PST

[notify]
Jayde

Jaydee girl

Barked: Sat Nov 15, '08 10:57am PST 
I only bark when there are other dogs around and i want to play! smile Im a really quiet golden.I have barked 1 or 2 times when im looking out the window and shocked my mom she actually came over to see what i was barking at cause i rarely barkdog
[notify]
Grissom

Ilove meeting- new pups,and- people!!!

Barked: Thu Nov 20, '08 5:50am PST 
I only bark when I want mom to play and we are outside, or if I am out and I see someone walking down the street, I hardly ever bark in the house. Not so for my lil sis who is a golden also, she is 61/2 mths now and she barks all the time at everything, mom says its cuz shes a girl and has alot to say LOL.
[notify]
Sierra

Urr urr urr!- Speak loud and- proud!!

Barked: Fri Nov 21, '08 3:50pm PST 
Thanks everyone!

It seems like there is a good mix. Sierra definatley has a high pitched kennel bark that sometimes reminds me of nails on a chalk board.....but I would never give up the rrr...rrr.rrr's that come out of her when she tries talking to you when she has a toy in her mouth.

She is sassy and often just needs to get some talking off her chest snoopy
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2