GO!

How Long does your Dog (s) Sleep??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Dieta

AKA Baby Face

Barked: Wed Oct 7, '09 3:30pm PST 
With my dog I see no real sleep pattern.
Most of the time she seems to sleep with one eye open.
[notify]
Ivan

Barked: Wed Oct 7, '09 4:03pm PST 
I can't say mine is a good age to compare to at 11 weeks =)
[notify]
Czarka, CGC- UJJ

Why walk when- you can run?

Barked: Wed Oct 7, '09 5:22pm PST 
Dieta... same here... ALWAYS ready to go... Charks happily let's us sleep in on weekends (which means 7:30-8 or so)... although I let her have a potty break at 6 just so she won't be uncomfortable wink Otherwise... if we're up a 6, fine. Up at 4am? That's fine too. Strange noise in the wee hours? Oop, up and check it out. Of course, she IS cat napping here as I sit at the computer... until I do something else laugh out loud
[notify]

Alexander

Buster's baby- brother!

Barked: Thu Oct 8, '09 7:19am PST 
Alex sleeps throughout the night - I think - but he's up usually before the alarm goes off in the morning. On the weekends, if I can sleep until 7:00am, I consider myself lucky. What gets me. . .he and his brother always go back to sleep after they have breakfast!!!
[notify]
Alexander

Buster's baby- brother!

Barked: Thu Oct 8, '09 7:20am PST 
Alex sleeps throughout the night - I think - but he's up usually before the alarm goes off in the morning. On the weekends, if I can sleep until 7:00am, I consider myself lucky. What gets me. . .he and his brother always go back to sleep after they have breakfast!!!
[notify]
Delilah

go go go did you- say go?

Barked: Thu Oct 8, '09 2:00pm PST 
Samson will sleep as much as we do!LOL~ say WALK or RIDE though and he beats you to the door. He is a very low key dog though not super energetic.
Delilah is alot more energetic and will play for longer periods of time. She does sleep thru the night though. And likes to take a nap in the day.~
Tiff
[notify]
Rook

Big Baby Always- Whining

Barked: Thu Oct 8, '09 11:39pm PST 
Basically when we sleep, the dogs sleep. When we're not active, they sleep, but like you said, with maybe one eye ready to open if we move around. With Rook, he follows me and sleeps, follows me and sleeps, follows me and sleeps, etc etc etc. Use to bug me that he'd have to be that close to me all the time, but now that I understand dogs pack mentality better, I love it!

I heard dogs need 12 hours of sleep a day! Hmm...
[notify]
Buddy and Sadie

We are Brother- and Sister!

Barked: Wed Oct 14, '09 4:06pm PST 
Same as Czarka! Always ready to go! And something in the yard, we are up and at 'em! Sadie has an eye open like Dieta also! big grin
[notify]
Sam I Am

I'm not spoiled,- really.

Barked: Wed Oct 21, '09 11:10pm PST 
We think Sam sleeps all night. But we know from evidence found in the morning this is not true. Such as if we forget to take the kitchen garbage out, finding coffee grounds and paper towels etc on the floor. Or the give-a-way thump when she hears us stirring in the bedroom of her hopping down off the living room couch. Such a smart doggy. She's supposed to only be on the couch with permission. laugh out loud
[notify]
Moth

Sheep in wolf's- clothing

Barked: Sat Oct 24, '09 1:23am PST 
I don't know. Seems like she sleeps for minutes at a time at random times.
[notify]