GO!

mouth cancer

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Kasey

Love playing- together

Barked: Tue Apr 21, '09 8:34pm PST 
Have any of you known of any setter who has gotten cancer tumor on their upper jaw back tooth? Kelly my tri-color one got it a year ago, at first I thought it was a bad tooth infection. But vet took test and it ended up cancer. they wanted to take the jaw out on that side of her mouth and told me she would net chemo and would probably live 5 months, it was a fast spreading cancer. I decided to do a different approach, and went holistic. I started Kelly on supplements, she has always been on natural dog food, and I have to tell you it will be a year first week of June, the tumor has not grown or spread, Kelly eats, plays and does everything she use to do. I can touch it and she eats dog biscuits and raw hides and it does not hurt her at all. I have had five setters in my life and this is the first time I have gone through this, or ever hearld about it. I would love to email with other dog owners who have gone through this.
[notify]