GO!

Thinking of adopting...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Emma

Only the shawdow- knows....

Barked: Mon Jul 21, '08 7:17pm PST 
I am pretty set on adopting an English Setter as the newest pack member. I know a good bit about them, but one thing no one has been able to answer for me is; do they generally like water? I travel with my other dogs a lot to the beach and the lake, etc and would love to know if setters like the water. I know every dog is different but I was just wondering. Thanks!!
[notify]
Lillian

agility- extroidinaire

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 7:59pm PST 
well i have a setter and she absolutely loves the water. We cant keep her out of it.
[notify]
Kasey

Love playing- together

Barked: Thu Apr 23, '09 4:13pm PST 
I have two english setters I adopted, and we have a cabin in northern wisconsin. My female loves the water you can't keep her out, the last male I had would not go in the water at all, just sat at the shore and watched the female. That male Cody is gone now, and we have a new adopted little boy dog, KC and like my female he loves the water, even when it is raining outside they love to be out there. I have always had setters, english and Irish and other then Cody, they have all loved the water. blue dog
[notify]