GO!

All Setters

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
The "Heidi"- Memorial Dog- Page

The Heidi- Memorial Dog- Page.

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 10:40pm PST 
Heidi used to always "set up" at the same spot in our front yard whenever she went out. So I'm not sure if she was pointing at birds, smells, or just because she knew she looked good doing it (personally I think it was the last one as she was just that type of dog). She never retrieved birds though.

We have another english setter named penny. She's not very well bred. At first when she was a puppy she pointed whenever she heard a sound in the woods or saw a bird she was interested in. But now that she's 2 she doesn't really point at anything anymore.

Oh Heidi used to point turtles too. She had a thing with turtles.puppy
[notify]
Tuck

Barked: Tue May 1, '07 6:17am PST 
My two setters love to point Birds. Mostly upland game but a few robins won't hurt. I do a lot of training with them for hunting. Love to work the woods or fields for birds. It is a lot of fun to watch them work the birds then go on point. Setters are a great breed. Great in the field and even better at home.
[notify]
Aphrodite

I'm a love-bug!

Barked: Thu Jul 5, '07 7:55am PST 
Dite gets into the point position the second she steps outside. Then if she doesn't see anything she runs around like crazy for awhile. smile But when she's for real pointing she points at any and all birds, squirrels, and rabbits. My dad got her as a pet for me and not really a hunting dog, but now he thinks he might try to train her after he saw her catch a squirrel! I said no--she's my little goofball! snoopy
[notify]

Maddie

It Flies It Dies

Barked: Fri Jul 20, '07 11:09pm PST 
Hi! I am new here and a proud setter owner. I have a lovely field English Setter who is 1 year and 1 month old now. She points at pretty much anything that moves although she is field trained to scent and point birds.

Edited by author Fri Jul 20, '07 11:11pm PST

[notify]
Charlotte (Charlie)

What mischief- can I get into- today?

Barked: Mon Jan 21, '08 2:14pm PST 
Charlie points at everything!!

She loves Bag Balm (a type of vasoline)

Grapes are poisinous to dogs.
[notify]
Lillian

agility- extroidinaire

Barked: Tue Jul 22, '08 8:03pm PST 
my setter points at everything.
[notify]
RIP Willow- and Bear- bear

Ward's Willow

Barked: Thu May 28, '09 7:37pm PST 
My Dogs were great at pointing birds. But willow use to point airplans
[notify]
Dusty

Dusty Wusty

Barked: Thu Dec 17, '09 9:26pm PST 
Mine points at any kind of bird and is absolutely CRAZY about rabbits. He'll point at other game too. He finds deer interesting.
[notify]
Julie- Sunshine- (1995 - 2010)

Barked: Tue May 18, '10 7:19pm PST 
RIP. Fieldgate Julie Sunshine, you lived to be the ripe age of 15 human years.
We will miss you dearly.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2