GO!

Hello! about my dal...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Austin

Why can't I- sleep on the bed- with you!?

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 3:24pm PST 
Just wanted to say Hi...its good to be here with fellow Dals and Dal owners. A few words about my dal, Austin.

I've added some pics of Austin, he is my sleepy, headstrong, smart, mischievous best friend. He loves to sleep and just be around me. Besides the shedding (which is a pain) I've found everything I've read about dals and their temperament to be completely wrong. I suppose it goes to show you that every dog is different. Austin loves kids, would rather sleep than run (except once or twice a day), and as far as being aggressive? Well lets just say that 2 days ago I ran outside because I heard him yelping and crying. He was being chased by a cat, no I didn't make that up. laugh out loud There isn't a mean, or aggressive bone in his body. He loves to be the center of attention. I have an aussie as well and its tough to compare the two. At first I thought he wasn't anywhere near as intelligent, but I figured out that they are about equal. Its just that the aussie uses her brain to figure out how to do what you want her to do, whereas Austin uses his to try to figure out what he can get away with. big grin

He loves new people and especially children. He would make a horrible guard dog (unless the intruder was averse to being licked in the face).shrug One thing he does that I am curious if other dals do as well is squeak. This dog squeaks all the time! Squeaks when he's hungry, squeaks when he's full, squeaks when he wakes up, squeaks all the time! He likes to chase livestock, and get muddy (as you can see from one of his pics). He also likes to sleep like a human (pics) on my bed after he gets muddy. He likes to sit on TOP of his dog house as oppose to inside it. He is deathly afraid of balls-kick balls or, God forbid, those big exercise balls. I have so many stories of funny things he's done (getting in an elevator without me and disappearing to some unknown floor etc). Anyways all in all he's a great dog, a great friend and just hilarious to watch on a daily basis.
[notify]
Austin

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 3:39pm PST 
Oh I should add that he (and I wonder if other dogs) loves to lap up a bunch of water so that it gets trapped in his lips and then drip it all over the nearest human. Also, he loves to do this very funny 'bunny-hop' maneuver...think a bronco/rabbit laugh out loud
[notify]
MAIZY

Things to- do--Places to- go!

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 8:43pm PST 
Hi, I'm Maizy from the group ConnectTheDOTS ! Feel free to join our group anytime...we have tons of fun ! Now, as far as squeaking, do you mean that high pitched noise when they yawn ? Because if that's it, we all do that. Any time I yawn or open my mouth for attention, like wanting food or getting up in the morning, I make these crazy squeaky noises. It's a Dal thing...my sister,Tipper does the same thing too! We do lots of funny things because we're such funny characters ! snoopysnoopysnoopy We also do lots of moaning and what people call"talking". You know...that "Woo,woo,woo " thing. We're very vocal because we like to be noticed. I mean, We Are Special !!!hail hail laugh out loud
[notify]

Austin

Barked: Thu May 14, '09 8:48pm PST 
haha I know what you mean about the talking, every time Austin stretches and yawns he makes a howling/growl sound. The squeaking sounds like like a yawn squeak, but he does it mouth closed and ALL the time big grin. Very high-pitched, different than a whimper or whine.
[notify]
Birdy

Princess- Birdykins

Barked: Mon Jun 22, '09 1:30pm PST 
BOL Dally's are very vocal. Welcome to Dogster, come join Connect The Dots!
[notify]
Tipper

Tipper-aka- Lots 'o- Spots

Barked: Tue Dec 29, '09 4:17am PST 
Hi Austin,

I sent an invite to ConnectTheDOTS! I realize that this is long after your post here, but please join us!
[notify]