GO!

anyone else's Dal growl when happy ?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2  
Spotz

Chow, baby!

Barked: Mon Jun 9, '08 3:14pm PST 
So I talk a lot. And maybe it's at the top of my lungs. Constantly. So what. Sometimes you have to SHOUT to be heard, you know! I have a lot of things on my mind, like food and how to get more of it more often, and how I'm not getting enough attention. DalGals need lots of attention - and who is more deserving? I think I have a wonderful voice. Sometimes I bark and sing just to hear myself and share my general wonderfulness with the neighbors and squirrels. I can't help it if my family doesn't appreciate it. That just demonstrates their own flaws and weaknesses. It can't be ME! It's all ABOUT ME!
[notify]
Orion

Will work for- cookies!

Barked: Thu Jul 10, '08 7:38pm PST 
Orion smiles all the time! no growling, but my dal that just passed would moan and sigh all the time lol
[notify]
Tipper

Tipper-aka- Lots 'o- Spots

Barked: Thu Jul 17, '08 6:52pm PST 
I growl and go whoo whoo whoo when I'm happy...Mama calls it talking....I get started and I just keep going!
[notify]

Brek

Born to hunt em- down!

Barked: Thu Jul 17, '08 7:01pm PST 
I growl when mom is on the phone, when I am ready for dinner (but not breakfast). I used to tell mom "I ruff you", but I have stopped doing that for some strange reason!
[notify]
ABBIGALE in- loving- memoery of

Mama's Girl...

Barked: Mon Jul 28, '08 3:20pm PST 
I have always said if Abby had a human voice she would be a jabber box.She growls she grins and she stairs you down til you do what she wants you to.They are great and full of personality.
[notify]
Dasha

Smiles and- Wiggles

Barked: Sat Aug 9, '08 11:56pm PST 
Yes, Dasha makes all sorts of noises for attention, to tell me to stop teasing her, to greet me and others, and to tell me that I am her playmate not her parents' playmate. Last week she made a noise I've never heard before. We were cuddling on the grass like we usually do after a long walk and swim at a local duck pond (she swam, not I). She was laying her head on my chest. Her mommy came home and when I tried to get up to say hi, she pinned my arm down and then let out this half growl and half howl, as if to say hello but don't bug us. Then laid her head back on down on my chest. She also smiles at people - you think your baby scares people! I have to say, no she's smiling at you - she's so happy to meet/see you! She does love people and children! Interestingly enough the Black Lab I used to have (she died while back) used to growl when she greet me and sometimes other people. Try having a 100 lb, all muscle black dog greet people with a growl! Yet she loved people too and was the sweetest, most gentle lady around them and children.
[notify]
Jack- 1994-2007

Barked: Mon Sep 15, '08 10:07am PST 
I do the howlie-growlies when I'm really happy or saying hello. Its a combination howl and growl, with a front foot tap dance at the same time. I have different growls for all different occasions. Some are bad growls when I don't like something, others are happy growls, when I'm just talking.
[notify]
Lincoln

I have no off- switch

Barked: Mon Feb 15, '10 11:29am PST 
Oh yeah my younger guy growl all the time (we call it grumbling). You look at him, touch him, talk to him..he grumbles and muches up to ya. My older guy if you ignore him he will give a light bark at ya until you pet him lol.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 18)  
1  2