GO!

anyone else's Dal growl when happy ?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Bleu

Bleu- scratch me and I- smile !

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 9:54pm PST 
Bleu growls ALL the time when he is happy..and he barks at me..if I dont get him what he wants fast enough ! He scares anyone who is brave enough to come into my house ! He hates it when I am on the phone and stands and growls and barks till I hang up ! it is like living with a 65lb chatty cathy ! I am wondering if anyone else's dal is this vocal or if he is just oneof those really vocal dogs !!snoopy
[notify]
Asterisk- Sparky

Peeing Machine

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '07 6:23pm PST 
Trix is very vocal... talks when I am on the phone, when he wants food, water, toys, cookies, anything he is not getting fast enough. or when he feels like you MIGHT want his toy, bone, etc. puppy

He does lots of "growling" if he were a cat, he would purr! He growls at my husband when he touches me, or when he can't get on my lap... Try explaining to the person on the other end of the phone that your 75lb dalmatian in sitting on your lap growling at THEM because he wants you full attention!
[notify]
Bleu

Bleu- scratch me and I- smile !

Barked: Tue Aug 7, '07 9:09pm PST 
LOL.. I Know.. BLeu will be growling up a storm ( and this is a full blown, sounds like he is going to rip my throat out growl) and who ever I am talking to on the phone always asks .. Are you okay ? hehehe no wonder no one will come to my house !!!
[notify]

♥KODY- ♥

My name is- Kody..and..I am- a HUGAHOLIC

Barked: Mon Nov 26, '07 7:50pm PST 
When I am happy, I smile, growl and howl like a wolf......snoopy
[notify]
MAIZY

Things to- do--Places to- go!

Barked: Thu Mar 27, '08 10:17am PST 
I don't growl but I DO talk a lot. Like when it's time to feed me, want a snack, go for a walk, need to go outside and when we get to the Pet Store. Oh boy, I love that place---all those treats on the floor,mmm.

snoopy dog snoopy
[notify]
Remington - 1997-2010

Lover Boy

Barked: Tue Apr 1, '08 4:57pm PST 
I have about 20 different noises I make. It makes my parents laugh a lot. My sister is silent.
[notify]
Lucky

King Lucky

Barked: Wed Apr 2, '08 11:35am PST 
I wouldn't call it growling. For each mood I have different sounds that most humans mistake for growling. If I'm happy, anxious, want attention or want you to back off. Fortunately my pets (humans) understand my language, but it takes visitors a while to get used to it and some never do...we dals are just a vocal breed!
[notify]
Pepper

Barked: Wed Apr 2, '08 4:38pm PST 
Pepper purrs like a cat when she's petted. She also barks, growls, and sings when she wants her food. She also whines if she isn't getting enough attention or if there is no one to snuggle with when she wants a nap.
[notify]
Ellie -In- Loving- Memory

What can brown- do for you.

Barked: Thu Jun 5, '08 1:27pm PST 
I never talk. Mom and dad ask me sometimes don't I get tired of being so quiet. I only bark about 3 times a year, I've never howled and I don't growl. When I sleep I talk a lot though. Mommy claims I bark in a high pitch and do a muffled growl. When I want something I just stare a hole in mommy and daddy like they are mind readers. Once in a blue moon when I'm super excited I do make a noise that sounds like a seal (ort ort ort) and also a horse blowing through his nose. puppy
[notify]
Cali

Cali - SoCal Beach Gal

Barked: Sat Jun 7, '08 6:09pm PST 
Cali,
Is very vocal, she likes to let us know that it's time to eat, empty water bowl and it's time to get up and pay attention to me. blue dog When we come home makes her little sounds and smiles , spins around and whips her tail.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2