GO!

After back surgery..

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Barked: Sat Dec 31, '11 5:04pm PST 
Hello! New to this board but found it because I have to ask some familiar people about my dachshund's recent back surgery. She is 4 days post-op and doing great. Eating, drinking, going to the bathroom, and even playing with her toys a little. One question I have is that I noticed some bruising on her chest area and in between her back legs. I brought her over to the vet who did the surgery, and he wasn't concerned, but I have this gut feeling that something is wrong. The bruises range from deep purple to red colors. It doesn't hurt her when I touch it and she hasn't been licking/biting in that area. I just can't figure out what's going on. Anybody have any idea what it could be??
[notify]
Baron

Amen. Bow Wow.- Says it all.

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '12 3:14am PST 
are you still here? my shih Tzu just had surgery 4 days ago.
Just returning home today. i have to drive 300 mi. to the U of m to get him. he as well is 4 1/2 yrs.
[notify]