GO!

Difficulty in Potty Training

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Cody J

Barked: Sun Oct 18, '09 5:22am PST 
Just how HARD is it to outdoor potty train a 4 year old mini doxi.. We just got one from a rescue ( wouldn't get a dog any other way ) , she's 4. When we take her outside to go potty you might as well take a cup of coffee and the paper to read!I know it's a new environmet for her ( new noises, smells,etc ) but I was wondering if she can eventually be trained to go outside. When we had our other rescue ( maltese ) she would go on our deck which is fine , she seemed easier to get to go outside than this little Munchen . Note we have had this Doxie less than a week, so I don't expect miracles. Thanksblue dog P.S. - the pic is one of our other dogs, just did not want to confuse anyonehappy dance

Edited by author Sun Oct 18, '09 5:23am PST

[notify]