GO!

Dachshunds, the most aggressive dog breed?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2  
freckles

Barked: Wed Feb 11, '09 8:51am PST 
My dog freckles was hit by a car and he will bite any one he doesnt know hes been like this for 3 years.But to us he is not agressive
[notify]
Chanel

Spoiled Momma's- Girl

Barked: Wed Feb 11, '09 9:50am PST 
I'm no where near aggressive! When my dad is working and it's just momma, my brother, and me I'll bark at little noises to protect my momma and scare whatever it is off (or at least I think I scare it laugh out loud ) but I'm not aggressive at all. I'm so loving and everyone that I meet quickly becomes a friend. I do scared easily, but I try to play it off so my momma knows that I will protect her big grin
I don't understand where anyone would get that we are aggressive dogs unless they studied dogs who might have been trained that way or not taught at all that that is wrong to act in that way.
My mom and dad from the time I was a puppy trained me not to bark at everything (even though I still do sometimes) and to be a loving little girl. I give kisses before I show aggression. I'm always up for giving and receiving love...no need for me to be mean unless my family is threatened
[notify]
Help I'm- lost

Buddy B is my- name

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 9:10pm PST 
I believe this cause I have said for quite a while that if I saw someone walking there two dogs one being a Doxie and the other being an American Pit bull Terrier and if I were to go up and pet one without asking first I would most definetly pet the Pit.That is why when we got our Doxie we made darn sure to socialize him and I must say he has benn wonderful but the other doxie that we had a little while ago was not so wonderful lets just say he bit me and had toy and food aggression
[notify]

Help I'm- lost

Buddy B is my- name

Barked: Sat Mar 28, '09 9:13pm PST 
And we believe that aggression is ALL the owners fault with all breeds,cause you can make a Labrador aggressive
[notify]
Pepper

it's not funny

Barked: Sat Nov 14, '09 8:51pm PST 
I heard the same thing. I guess mine could be a little over protective when it's just me and her brother at home. She barks at little noises and stands all proud and big... oh she's so cute big grin
[notify]
Amazing- "Grace"

Live life to the- fullest

Barked: Sun Dec 13, '09 2:00pm PST 
I've owned dachshunds all my life. They are the most loyal and loving dog. They have the heart of a lion. Aggressive is not a word I would use to describe them.
[notify]
Chili-hotdog- , hold the- onions,

Chili

Barked: Sun Dec 20, '09 2:59am PST 
What? Me aggressive? No way. My family has only known one to be a little biter, he had cataracts and my dad's dad was his owner. He got pretty mean for a bit. Pops had the cataracts removed and he returned to his lovely old self---then he lost his hearing, but never turned back to being aggressive.
[notify]
Bella

My mommy <3's- me!!!!

Barked: Sat Jan 2, '10 5:11pm PST 
Hmmm.. Bella is not at all aggressive. She is still young so she can be very playful at times but mostly calm. Also, she is part basenji which is a barkless dog. She doesnt bark at anything, not even when other dogs are barking at her. However, I have known some pretty grumpy dachshunds myself and have even been bitten by one. I think it all depends on the demeanor of the owner and how they are raised and thats why none of you fit the bill either! dancing
[notify]
Dylan

Help! I'm- trapped with- some crazies!

Barked: Sat Jan 2, '10 11:07pm PST 
I guess it depends. I believe dogs do have personalities of their own which depends on how you bring them up. My dog is actually the opposite of agressive! Because I keep Dyl outside, sometimes the birds come and peck at his food. He is actually afraid of them. He is also scared of my rabbits and frogs. I really don't know why, but he is.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 19)  
1  2