GO!

Dachshunds, the most aggressive dog breed?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Lily Jane

The original- dachshund- supermodel!

Barked: Tue Jul 29, '08 9:57pm PST 
Mom found this link about a study done in the Uk that listed dachshunds as the most aggressive dog breed there is. Really?! Ok, so maybe they're a little terrier-esque at times, but I was surprised. Of course, I don't put much stock in this report as the other highly aggressive breeds seemed a little ludicrous to me, but still...does anyone feel like their wiener dogs are aggressive little buggers? A little rash and a bit bold, absolutely! But aggressive? frown

Oops! Forgot the link: Daily Dachshund article

Edited by author Tue Jul 29, '08 9:59pm PST

[notify]
The- Weenigos,- NPC

All for one, one- for All!!

Barked: Sat Aug 2, '08 4:57am PST 
We believe the term aggressive is used too often to describe a natural behavior (fear, protecting the pack etc) rather than TRUE aggression.
[notify]
Lupi

I\\\'ll do- anything for a- treat!

Barked: Tue Oct 14, '08 2:20pm PST 
This surprised me. Maybe I have a very unusual Dachshund, but she's the complete opposite of aggressive. She barks when she hears the doorbell ring, but soon makes friends for life. She's been great with every dog who's come to visit; sharing food, toys etc. At the dog park, she politely sniffs the other small dogs and sits down for the big ones to sniff her. She has never snapped at anyone, not even little kids who like to pull her floppy ears. I wonder how these studies are conducted?
[notify]

J├Ąger

King of my- castle! and- everything else!

Barked: Wed Oct 15, '08 6:44pm PST 
Huh. Jager has never bit anyone, but he does bark a lot when he meets new people, when we're walking and someone walks by, or when someone comes in the door (until he figures out who it is) At times it can be a bit embarrassing, but I don't know how to stop it. But yeah, once the person crouches down to pet him he stops barking and licks whoever it is he was previously barking his head off at!

BUT, before I got him most of my friends said dachshunds are mean little dogs that bite and that I shouldn't get one (HAH, yeah, right). I replied to them saying it was probably just owners who didn't socialize their dog well enough, but maybe not??
[notify]
Candy

Barked: Mon Dec 29, '08 6:28pm PST 
Trent is a little moody at times but never "aggressive" and Candy does not have a mean bone in her body. Dachshunds seem very loving, just with very big personalities to me.
[notify]
Lily Jane

The original- dachshund- supermodel!

Barked: Thu Jan 1, '09 6:30pm PST 
Yes, we've decided that article is a load of unappetizing poop. laugh out loud
[notify]
Charlie

For a treat,- I'll change my- mind!

Barked: Mon Jan 19, '09 1:50pm PST 
I was quite surprised to even see this.

I do not agree with the article.

I've had Charlie for 12+ yrs and he has
never bitten anyone.

Try to take away his pig ear however...smile

I have also studied the breed, have knowlege of the
breed, etc

I'm in disbelief per this article and don't
agree with it at all

On your local evening news have you ever heard of a
crazed dachshund mauling someone to death or killing an elderly person?

Link
dachshundgifts.org
[notify]
Bella

If I want it....- It's mine!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 25, '09 7:06pm PST 
LMAO @ crazed dachshund maulling somebody!!!!
Anyway,.. I have two dachshunds and they are so wonderful with people and other dogs I want a third... There are quibbles between the two ..but they live together.. they're buddies... but never with others ... This report is a load of ... well ... what I pick up after my doxies.
[notify]
Bella

If I want it....- It's mine!!!

Barked: Sun Jan 25, '09 7:06pm PST 
LMAO @ crazed dachshund maulling somebody!!!!
Anyway,.. I have two dachshunds and they are so wonderful with people and other dogs I want a third... There are quibbles between the two ..but they live together.. they're buddies... but never with others ... This report is a load of ... well ... what I pick up after my doxies.
[notify]
bolly

calm and cool- dats me!! Bolly

Barked: Tue Jan 27, '09 7:47pm PST 
thinkinghi im bolly im a doxie. im not aggressive myself. but my pet has seen some of my breeds that was. my dox boyfriend who lives down the road is 4 starters. now my pets not 2 fond of him but we have pretty pups 2gether. my boyfriend will bark at his shado and will fight a snake. i just look at him stupidly and go home. im more calm and cool. i couldnt be more mannerd and smart. i guess we like my pet and the other pets that we doxs have. we all diffrent.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2