GO!

Need Help FAST!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Junior

Sleepy Junior

Barked: Thu Nov 8, '07 7:41pm PST 
I am a 4 1/2 year old dachund laltey my back end is hurting me i have never had any problems like this.I'm walk fine running around.But if i jump on the couch or my mommy or daddy pick me up i cry so loud cause it hurts then i stick my leg in the air and start panting really hard my gum look a little pail but not to serious.My mommy is really worryed about me have any of you had this problem please help me fast so i know ahead of time before going to the vet tom.cry
[notify]
Leyna

Miss Smarty- Pants

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '07 6:27am PST 
The only thing I can recommend is to keep him calm as you can and restrict his activity so he doesn't hurt himself any more before your vet appointment. Back injuries are very scary. Keep us posted on your vet visit. Hopefully everything will be ok. We'll keep you in our thoughts.
[notify]
♥ Ch- Francis....- THD CG

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '07 9:34am PST 
Get looked at by a good vet as soon as possible to make sure nothing serious has been done.
[notify]

Lucy Louise

Just call me- Grandma.

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '07 9:11pm PST 
My dog had a similar thing happen. She doesn't do stairs, but somehow she got up several and decided to leap back down. She immediately started crying and was bent over, favoring her lower back. I thought 'oh, this is the end!' When I went to the vet they said she strained a muscle in her back. Kinda like what happens when you lift something heavy and strain your back. They gave her steroids, and now she's fine. Thank dog!
[notify]
Junior

Sleepy Junior

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '07 9:23pm PST 
Hey guys Thanks i found out that junior has a slipped disc in his spine.We have to be very careful and he might have to have surgary on his back or he can blow his disc and he won't be able to walk again.I'm gunna cry i've already lost 3 of my dogs this year and junior is my baby and jack and johnnie can't live with out there brother. I have to take him to the vet in two weeks and there going to check him out again.They gave him medication to take and it really helps with the pain but i don't know what to do.Please help
[notify]
Lily Jane

The original- dachshund- supermodel!

Barked: Sat Nov 10, '07 10:05pm PST 
Oooh! Not so great. Hmm...I suggest putting him on a glucosamine chondrointin supplement because if nothing else it'll stop any of his other discs from slipping. Watch his weight, and don't let him jump up at all. He probably is reluctant to because it hurts, but keep an eye on his jumping. And sadly, he may need to stay off of the furniture because if he falls off there could easily be consequences. Good luck!
[notify]
Blixa

Mama's Boy and- proud of it!

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '07 8:45am PST 
Go to the vet now!!!!!!!!!!!
[notify]
Junior

Sleepy Junior

Barked: Sun Nov 11, '07 11:15am PST 
he's been to the vet he put him on medications already i just have to see him in two weeks then we decided to get some mri done on him.He doesn't weight very much already he's only 8kg thats not very much.He doesn't do any jumping,not aloud on the bed and when he goes for a pee i pick him up and take him to the grass.
[notify]
Eli

Happy to be home

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 11:41am PST 
You're still in our thoughts Junior. We hope you're feeling ok.

Healing Weenie smooches from Leyna and Eli
[notify]
♥ Ch- Francis....- THD CG

Barked: Wed Nov 14, '07 5:52pm PST 
Crate rest and you might want to research on Dodgerslist.

http://www.dodgerslist.com/

I don't have personal experience but this might be a group that can help and educate you. I hope you have a crate or ex pen so you can truly rest.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2