GO!

What up with all the licking?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Frankie

jus' chillin'

Barked: Thu May 24, '07 8:08pm PST 
My Frankie is constantly wanting to lick me right on the mouth. Do all doxies do this? all this licking...shrug
[notify]
Danny

Barked: Thu May 24, '07 8:22pm PST 
We love to kiss our mommy. Some of her friends don't really like it when we kiss them on the face but they try to put up with us.

It can also be a submissive gesture -- letting you know that you are the boss.

Edited by author Thu May 24, '07 8:25pm PST

[notify]
Postal

"THE FURRY- BRATWURST"

Barked: Sat May 26, '07 9:08am PST 
OH yes I constantly lick momma like that especially when she comes in from work I stand on my hind legs and make her bend down so I can give her a ton of kisses..She always goes right to the LISTERINE afterwardsshrugshrug
[notify]

Penny- CL3,TBAD,- TG-2

~No- Longer Fat- Bottom'd- Girrrl!~

Barked: Sun May 27, '07 4:50am PST 
My name is Penny, and I am a Lick-a-holic!! laugh out loudbig laugh

I am the most enthusiastic licker out of the whole Weenigo Gang, all 5 do it, but I am the most ferocious about it... Humans Beware!! My tounge is the fastest on the East Coast!! I have mastered the nose lick to block breathing, so the Humans have to open the mouth to breath, then quick, I get my licks in!!
[notify]
Ginger - rest in- peace

Brave Heart

Barked: Sun May 27, '07 11:41am PST 
I can do a french nose lick. I gotta catch mom by surprise.
[notify]
Lily Pad

-She- Likes ToMoveIt- -

Barked: Tue May 29, '07 7:56pm PST 
Ahhh......the French nose lick, a true art form! One that us doxies have mastered!laugh out loudlaugh out loud
[notify]
Sadie

Sadie...born to- be babied..lol

Barked: Tue May 29, '07 8:00pm PST 
I call mine..OCD licking disorder. She would lick my until I had no skin I think. I really have to tell her to stop rather agressively or whe just won't. I wish I knew the answer!! shrug
[notify]
Petey

Not happy unless- I know where Mom- is

Barked: Thu May 31, '07 7:30am PST 
We are all licker of the face...some to a more extream extent then others. I am the biggest licker. I will try to lick all the skin off your face! BOL Daisy does little tiny lick and Henry (thats Moms foster guy) just gives kisses to your face in the morning.
[notify]
Johanna

Do not pity me!

Barked: Thu May 31, '07 7:38am PST 
I love to lick! I lick the floor for hours without stopping.
[notify]
Oliver

The world is my- chew toy!

Barked: Sat Jun 9, '07 4:45pm PST 
Oliver loves to lick his Daddy's mouth, nose, ears and eyes. It's the funniest thing - Oliver is very intent in his licking and often "holds" Daddy's face with his paws for additional support. I say he's giving Daddy a facial treatment. These treatments usually last 10-20 minutes. Oliver also loves to give his human sister kisses.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3