GO!

Does anyone know why my dog's nose is red on top?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Tegan Izza- Khepri- Parker

Let's play rock- it's fun.

Barked: Tue May 15, '07 5:02pm PST 
Tegan and I moved and since we have been here her nose has started to get red on top between the fur and her black nose. It also looks like it is peeling. Is this something I need to worry about? Thanks.
Tegan and Rebecca

Edited by author Tue May 15, '07 5:04pm PST

[notify]
Bigg

Bubba Bigg- Sooner

Barked: Wed May 16, '07 12:31pm PST 
bigg's nose has done that a couple times because he has scraped it on something. it didn't show up immediately, i only noticed it after it started peeling. i finally figured it out when he was sticking his nose under one of our doors and it made it bleed a little. after the scab peeled off it was red and pink for awhile but it returned to the normal black-gray color.

hope this helps!
[notify]
Oscar and- Callie

SQUIRREL!!!

Barked: Fri May 18, '07 7:08pm PST 
Oscar's nose did that when he was a puppy. I took him to the vet and they gave me an ointment that cleared it up. Good Luck.
[notify]