GO!

WE ARE LOOKING FOR A DACHSHUND FOR OUR FAMILY!!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Brody Malone

"Lazy Bones"

Barked: Wed Mar 28, '07 2:12pm PST 
MY FAMILY WOULD LOVE AN ADDITION WE LIVE IN HAWAII SO WOULD LIKE SOMEONE HERE IN HAWAII THAT HAS SOME FOR ADOPTION! PLEASE CONTACT US WE ARE SO EXCITED!! UPDATE TO OUR POST WE WOULD LIKE TO ADOPT EITHER A DACHSUND OR A SHITZU!!! WE HOPE TO FIND ONE SHORTLY , BUT ARE HAVING NO LUCK frown THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR COMMENTS! I HOPE WE HAVE SOME LUCK SOON!

THE MALONE FAMILY

Edited by author Tue Apr 17, '07 7:25pm PST

[notify]
Augie

Sleep, Eat, then- Sleep some more!

Barked: Thu Mar 29, '07 7:28pm PST 
Oh, if you guys get a dachshund you won't regret it! My mommy LOVES me so much!
[notify]
Helga

LONG DOGS RULE!

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 10:02am PST 
Have you found a doxie to love yet???
[notify]

Shortdog

short, dark, and- handsome

Barked: Tue Apr 3, '07 12:59pm PST 
That is a great choice!Dachshunds are affectionate,sporty,and playful.But here are some things to look out for:
1.They LOVE food.They will mooch off of you every single time food is in front of you.Teach them from an early age not to mooch.

2.They tend to get obese,especially in old age.Make sure they get planty of "road-work"as in make sure they get a lot of walking in.

3.They are stubborn and clever.If you say "come",they'll come...when THEY want.
Now that you're informed on this wonderful breed,go out and get you a loving new family member!!!!You won't regret it!cheer
[notify]
Danny

Barked: Fri Apr 13, '07 10:53pm PST 
Check the "Help - I Want to Adopt" thread - it lists several rescue orgs. I hope your find one to love. Dachshunds are the best!

Edited by author Fri Apr 13, '07 11:08pm PST

[notify]