GO!

double dapples

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

tobiano

STOP STARING AT- ME

Barked: Mon Mar 12, '07 5:53pm PST 
when are the DCA and AKC going to stop the breeding of these colors together..othe merle breeds cannot be registerd why then can the dachshund...DCA ans AKC are not improving the breed , they are producing blind and deaf dogs..this is horrible...all for $$$$..I love my 3 but where are all the rest??
[notify]
Louie

Psycho Man

Barked: Wed Mar 28, '07 2:20pm PST 
well... here is one that's been rescued! i think that i'm one of the luckier ones, with only partial hearing and sight loss. all the complications coming from dapple to dapple breeding, it's not worth it.
[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Mon Apr 2, '07 3:41pm PST 
Hmm. I came here on the Dachshund forum to ask about unusual colors. My sister met someone in a pet store who had recently purchased a pair of longhairs (they think for breeding) for thousands of dollars, that were some rare color that they'd never heard of but couldn't remember the name of... I was curious and was going to ask.

I hope they're not dapples then... my sis said they were all marble-y looking. That causes health problems with the genes?! Why on earth would you breed knowing that?!

Is there a link to information about colors/genetics in dachshunds? Now I'm really curious. I hope that I'm wrong, and that it wasn't dapples. It's like merles... if you want a merle, fine, breed one to a non-merle and you have a pretty good chance without the potential health problems! Yeesh. Doesn't sound that tough to me. frown