GO!

A vacuum that works please!

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2  
Chance

How You Doin'?

Barked: Sat Mar 2, '13 9:42pm PST 
I've had a Shark Navigator for over 3 months now and I love it. Chance is half German "Shedder" so it picks up a lot of fur.
[notify]
Monnie

Spreading Smiles- As A Tribute For- Lexi

Barked: Sun Mar 3, '13 3:43pm PST 
Glad you found a good vaccum! I've heard Shark has some good things. I have an Oreck that works great but they are expensive. I'm thinking of getting the shark that steams floors..anyone ever used one?
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Mon Mar 4, '13 9:55am PST 
My current main vacuum is a refurbished Dyson Animal. I am overall very pleased with it -- but they are not built quite as well as the company would have you believe -- nothing's perfect.

My other vacuum which I now keep in the basement is a Shark Infinity, which was significantly cheaper than the Dyson and also did a good job. My only real problem with it was cleaning out the canister (it has this top "cyclone" portion with 12 or 15 little holes that you have to clean out individually...annoying) and the belt comes off frequently. Those are pretty much the only reasons I chose to get a different main vacuum. I think overall the Shark is a good choice...I have also in the past had a Shark hand vac (dust buster) that was awesome, and way better than my current Dirt Devil dust buster. My vacuums take a beating because I have two high-shedding dogs, as well as a lot of construction and remodeling around our house so there's constant dirt and dust, as well as two (going on three) very small children, so I vacuum just about every other day.
[notify]

Kitsune

Divide and- cuddle!!

Barked: Tue Mar 5, '13 7:41pm PST 
We have a Shark Navigator. We've had it awhile now and it's still awesome. I put that thing though heck too laugh out loud So much cheaper then a Dyson, which is what everyone seems to recommend, and IMO it works just as well as Dyson (my parents have a Dyson so I have used one).

I thought about getting a Dyson before, but don't think I ever would now. When/if our current Shark goes, I'll probably just get another.
[notify]
  (Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 14)  
1  2