GO!

Dog Door Mats

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Otis

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 11:23am PST 
I've seen some mats marketed as "super absorbent" to put in front of doors to help with wet/muddy paws. I live in UPSNY where it seems as though the ground will never freeze and we are going to get rain all winter... I keep a towel by the front and back door and wipe the dogs paws off when they come in on rainy days. But there are still lots of little doggy footprints on the rug smile Has anyone found a product that really does help clean their paws (besides a human with a towel)? Thanks.
[notify]
Kolbe

Where can I run- today?

Barked: Fri Dec 21, '12 12:10pm PST 
I am in your situation, in WNY... I have read about the SoggyDoggy Doormat, which almost seems too good to be true, I want to order it if it works but it's enough money that I can't afford to just throw it away if it doesn't work.
[notify]
Charlie- Brown Cocoa- Puffs

Barked: Sun Dec 23, '12 7:06am PST 
i'm in oregon. soggy here to. idk bout a doggie mat. the old human with a towel is probably ur best bet. also dogs feet arent all that gets wet and muddy usually. i happen to be lucky enough to have a small attached laundry room with outside access and a door to the rest of the house. so a seperate mudroom area, dry them off there and off they go. i would be real skeptical about anything claiming its super absorbent and will just soak the water right off of your dog. especially if it is very expensive. however, if you find a better way than a towel let me know. i may try it.
[notify]

Nare

Woo-woo- whineybutt

Barked: Mon Dec 24, '12 1:20am PST 
I think I'll have to try this, I live in WA so.. with rain 3/4ths of the year.. It would save me from lots of cleaning..

I'll order one in the next week or two and will let y'all know how it works.
[notify]