GO!

Cleaning car out?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Saya

I want to play!

Barked: Mon Oct 3, '11 9:36am PST 
Well last winter my dad didn't do a good job setting mice traps in garage like he used to me and mom noticed mice moving cat kibble to certain areas.

Well the mice were nice enough to go into mom's engine part of the car and chew a hole the top of the door to get into front part of the car. and put kibble in it. During dry summer months we have no issue, but during humid wet days it smells yucky.

Mom has gotten some kibble out of it before and a bit more from Yesterday she opened the front car's lid and got some out. The whole is decent size, but I think it's too odd of an angle to get a vacuum in it.

I think all the kibble is now out, but who knows might be a little still in it.

Is there a way to neutralize the fish kibble smell? eek

Car fragrance things you hang on mirror bother's me and my mom really bad.
[notify]
Twister

wouldn't harm a- fly...XD

Barked: Mon Oct 3, '11 11:49am PST 
Well, for inside the car maybe you could use Febreze or something like that which doesn't just try to mask the odor. If there is smell inside the engine I'm not sure what to use, but you need to find something that will be safe to use on the engine. Good luck!
[notify]
Bruno CGC

Honorary Kelpie

Barked: Mon Oct 3, '11 12:14pm PST 
do you have a shop vac? The really powerful kind? You could just put the nozzle to the hole and it would suck it up.

I feel your pain about the stinky car problem... Had mice tear out the foam and build a nest in the driver's seat of mine (it sat in the driveway for two weeks while I was out of town, so I didn't notice it happening.) Also had the back seat go moldy because someone left the window down in the rain, the seat was folded flat for more cargo space so it didn't get aired out.

What helps is to make sure it's REALLY thoroughly dried out. Run the heat at full blast when you drive it, roll down the windows to air it out.

I don't think any air freshener will really neutralize the smell... just cover it up. (Which does help a little.) Just get whichever one smells best to you, I've never noticed that any brand works better.
[notify]