GO!

Best Carpet Cleaner

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Fitzgerald

Barked: Sat Jan 22, '11 6:29am PST 
I need to invest in a good carpet cleaner (preferably small) for pet messes. I live with my mom, and she is gracious enough to allow not only myself, but three dogs and two cats, to live with her. My Beagle Fitzgerald occasionally has accidents on the floor, and since Randy the puggle joined the pack, he occasionally has an accident. I just don't want my mom's carpet to constantly smell like pee since she is doing me such a huge favor. I told her that when I got my refund check that I would get a carpet cleaner. I was looking at the Bissell SpotBot. We have had the Little Green in the past, but I felt like they were not very durable. Any suggestions? Also, can you put Nature's Miracle in a machine like the SpotBot? Thanks!
[notify]
Foxxy

Pocket Wolf

Barked: Sat Jan 22, '11 1:07pm PST 
I find that dissolving 1.5 cup borax and a little apple cider vinegar mixed in a quart water does wonders for my spots. it has to be all dissolved so it can go into my hoover steamvac I have chis and sometimes they miss. the cleaning solutions are so expensive!
[notify]
Allee, Bama,- and Brodie- Bear!

Roll Tide- Roll!!! ;)

Barked: Mon Jan 31, '11 6:56am PST 
I like OUT products sold at walmart in the pet section. I used the one for carpet when training all my dogs at our apt we used to live in. Everyone said you couldn't even tell we had dogs.

Now that we are in our condo I keep it just incase they get sick or something and I use the kind made for hard surfaces where their potty mats are.
[notify]

Barked: Tue Jun 11, '13 10:40pm PST 
I find that dissolving 1.2 cup borax and a little apple cider vinegar mixed in a quart water does wonders for my spots

Edited by moderator Fri Jun 21, '13 3:27pm PST

Edited by forums moderator
Cody

Not dry biscuits- again!

Barked: Wed Aug 7, '13 8:58pm PST 
There are several good products on the market, just ask at your local pet store.
[notify]

Barked: Wed Sep 4, '13 2:13am PST 
There are various products available now a days for carpet cleaning.
[notify]
Flicka ~ CGC

NO-ONE is going- to sneak up on- my Mummy

Barked: Sat Sep 7, '13 8:19am PST 
Bumping to drown the spambots
[notify]
Delta

Play hard, sleep- well.

Barked: Mon Sep 9, '13 7:14pm PST 
I just dilute vinegar with some water and dump it on the carpet. I also use my Dyson for getting pet hair out of everything. They are expensive, though.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Nov 1, '13 10:31pm PST 
There are many different methods of carpet cleaning and yes many people dilute vinegar while cleaning it. This method is also useful and the spot are easily removed.
[notify]
Roman

Cheese- connoisseur,- Lover Boi,- SmartieP

Barked: Sat Nov 2, '13 8:06am PST 
I believe in the power of Borex too!!!
Baking powder sprinkled do help neutralize odors and also absorb up the "eeks"... dry them out in fact (Only for the beginning phase of my pup, he peed, never pooped while in training).

Everyday maintainence...
Run the vac (got a Neato Robot) every 2-3 days.
Manual vaccuum weekly (Bissel).
Swifter, swifter & a great broom a must.
Floor cleaners & detergents for the deck.
Scoop kitty litter (cat).
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2