GO!

Major Meltdown

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  
Neeko

I listen...when- I want to

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 12:34pm PST 
I am on the verge of a major meltdown. Since this somewhat has to do with cleaning, I decided to post it here. I am not really looking for advice, just needing to vent, and this is more private than facebook.

Meltdown issue #1-True cherry (not laminate) hardwood floors. A nightmare to keep clean with wet, snowy, salty paws, and boots. The color lends itself to constantly looking dirty, especially in natural light.

Meltdown issue #2-A cat showing signs of hyperthyroidism has pooped TWICE on my countertop in the last 24 hours. Said cat is only 5 years old, and according to what I've read, its very rare in cats less than 12 years of age. My kitchen reeks of lysol kitchen cleaner right now. Even though the current windchill in central indiana is hovering around zero degrees F, I am tempted to open windows to get the chemical smell out.

Meltdown issue #3-Neeko pooped in her crate for the first time ever on Monday, after eating her first RMB on Sunday. The poop was a wonderful gritty texture, and all over her when I got home Monday afternoon. She has a serious bath aversion, so off to PSP we went for the DIY dog wash, which is somewhat easier than doing it at home. It took hours for the poop smell to dissipate on Monday. Its now been replaced by the smell of kitchen cleaner.

My cat will be going to the vet very soon. She is sitting on my lap, loving on me as I type this. I am admiring my currently clean, beautiful floors. Just needed to vent in some arena, as OH seems to not think cat has hyperthyroidism, and it was my idea to get cherry floors. Thanks all.
[notify]
Georgie

We don't doodle

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 1:22pm PST 
Okay... I call you, and I raise you this: I bathed and blow dryed THREE white toy poodles at work this morning. Put them in an ex-pen in my kitchen when I got them home. (AFTER they went outside and I watched TWO of them poop.) Ran to the grocery store and came home to find 3 brown toy poodles. It was pasted into their feet and the floor so bad that I couldn't even see it on the floor. Saw it on them, though!!!! Then, I had to bathe them again. Of course, I am now wet and have some brown stains all up both arms and the house smells of cleaner attempting to mask the smell of poop. Tell me again... why do we have dogs??? (Oh yeah, and then there is the kitten... I got him last week, he was a singleton and feral so he poops on the scatter rugs and balls it all up, then knocks everything off the shelves to use to cover it some more. AGHHHHHHH)
[notify]
Neeko

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 1:36pm PST 
Georgie, thank you for raising my spirits, and making me laugh. laugh out loud
These buggers are lucky we love them so much!
And less than one hour later, there are already dirty human and puppy foot prints on my floor...
[notify]

Budrow RIP buddy

I am handsome - deal with it

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 1:50pm PST 
I hear you...last night Budrow threw up not once, not twice, but SIX separate times! (yes, vet has been called). Poor dog, he couldn't help himself, but he did try to throw up in the same place each time. I was sooo tempted to just leave him outside after the third time, but it was too cold even for him, so in he came after each cleanup. I did open the doors and windows for awhile just to get the smell out of the house, it was cold for awhile, but I'd rather deal with cold than the smell of dog puke and chemical cleaners! Oh, yeah, and Budrow has chosen this time of year to blow his coat, so there's fur everywhere and I have to vacuum the couch every day now! I guess you can take heart that there are others out there who know what you're going through!wave
[notify]
Georgie

We don't doodle

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 2:06pm PST 
Yup... we're either ALL crazy or. I like to think it's the "or" in my case, but I'm sure most of my family members go with number one!!!!
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 3:24pm PST 
Don't worry, we all have those days!

I had to buy my kitties sweaters because they've both been sick for months and lost a ton of fur. It's gotten COLD here and the poor things were desperately trying to cuddle with me all day because they were cold.

What are your kitty's symptoms? We have experience with hypothyroidism.
[notify]
Makoto

Professor- Woofington

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 4:45pm PST 
Okay, so...Koto got skunked in the face at 2am the day before we were scheduled to drive (with him) from Boston to Chicago for Thanksgiving. We had a guest staying with us. He still went to Thanksgiving dinner with us. Thank goodness for Nature's Miracle, which, of course, we couldn't get at 2am...but eventually procured.

Also, yesterday he snuggled under the sheets and left a poop stain IN the bed. He didn't actually poop in the bed, it just wiped off I guess, but UGH. We had to sleep without sheets because nothing else was clean and we don't have laundry in our apartment.

I also love when they step in their own or each others' poop while I'm trying to pick it up. Yay!
[notify]
Neeko

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 5:08pm PST 
Tanuk-Noelle, my sweet kitty, will be five this month. She has always been a slender cat. But in the last several months she has become quite thin. To look at her, she looks like a beautiful, perfect, healthy cat. Perfect sleek black fur, clear eyes, no stink, etc. When I hold her, I can feel all her bones. Ribs, vertebrae, scapula. I bet she weighs about 4 lbs. She is free-fed TOTW dry, and splits a can of Natural Balance, Merricks, or Wellness with my other cat every evening. She almost always acts hungry, and yesterday ripped the bottom out of a bag of Neeko's freeze-dried treats to help herself. She has always been a slightly skittish cat around strangers, but has recently been acting very nervous. My two cats share three litterboxes that are scooped almost daily, yet she has taken to eliminating outside them. Thanks everyone for all the posts. They are truly making me feel better, to know that I am not the only one who has issues such as these.
[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 7:18pm PST 
So Neeko ..wave..
I guess this isnt a good time to try & sell you some of Thor's Chia_Turds for christmas ..big laughbig laugh

Hugs & Farts
Thor ..wave
[notify]
The Boys

The Three- Stooges.

Barked: Wed Dec 8, '10 8:59pm PST 
Loki is notorious for having cling ons and then sitting on something and stinkin it up.
When I took my sons dog Chewie of his hands this summer he peed on my bed!!!
I know all about the floors and the foot prints. Try swifter they have a hardwood wet i think and it takes seconds to go over the floor.
When do you take the kitty to the vet? She is showing all the signs of something being wrong.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 5: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5