GO!

Cleaning Drool

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Adolfo

One Cool Dude

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 9:35am PST 
What can I use to clean drool from the back door? Our neighbor has two female Neapolitan Mastiffs who have come into heat and Adolfo is very much upset and is just drooling, pacing, and whining at the back door all day. I need something that I can use to clean up the drool that will not be toxic to Adolfo. He is resting his head and drooling right on the back door and I'm afraid any chemical cleaners could poison him. What would be good to get drool off of a door, carpet, and tile?
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 9:38am PST 
We use a Mr. Clean Magic Erasers. It looks like a white sponge and you moisten it with water, then wipe whatever surface you want to clean. Works wonders on getting drool off of baseboards, doors, windows, walls, etc.
[notify]
Adolfo

One Cool Dude

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 9:39am PST 
Thank you very much Sherpa! Is it free of chemicals? I'm really funny about that every since I got Adolfo. smile
[notify]

Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 9:45am PST 
I believe it is, but you can check out their website to double check. I'm super paranoid about using chemicals and scents around the pets, so I totally understand. It's basically just a sponge, you don't spray anything and it doesn't leave a residue.

http://www.mrclean.com/en_US/magic-eraser.do
[notify]
Chan

100% Purebred- Schusky

Barked: Mon Dec 6, '10 3:43pm PST 
I love the magic eraser! It does get drool off of just about everything. It also clean bathrooms, kitchens, shoes, cars...just about any hard surface! way to go
[notify]