GO!

iRobot Dirt Dog

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

Morris

Morris the Moron

Barked: Thu Nov 25, '10 5:06am PST 
Does anyone have one of these? I'm thinking of getting one to clean up the dog hair from shedding season. We have hardwood floors, but there is hair everywhere. It is better than carpets, but I'm sweeping several times a day. Would the dirt dog be the best to get or should I look at different models? I'm really intrigued. I watched a video of it online and it seems like it works very well. I'm hoping someone can give me a review or at least opinion before I spend all that money.
[notify]
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Fri Nov 26, '10 8:38am PST 
My only experience with the iRobot was my mother-in-law's. They had the first generation one. They have hardwood, and it kinda helped, but still not as effective as you doing it yourself. It randomly died one day though and they never figured out what was wrong with it. I could see a home with dog hair like ours quickly overpowering the little thing.

We just got laminate floors put in, and I might would be interested in one now. Definitely going to be looking at Consumer Reports and checking reviews online. Hopefully maybe someone here has one and will chime in.
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Fri Nov 26, '10 12:06pm PST 
I had one of the first ones (years ago) and as I remember it worked pretty good. The only 'crappy' thing about it was that my old dog had diahreea, and it registered that as dirt, so I went over her 3 poop's and then tracked it around the house.

Other than that time, I think it was okay.
[notify]