GO!

I Want To Tell You My Secret...

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2  
Butters

~7lbs. of- spoiled rotten~

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 11:42am PST 
I'm tempted to give this stuff a shot. Does it get the uric acid up? I assuming that's the chemical that leaves the smell/permanent stain behind? Do you have a black light that you can check with? LOL!

Butters has a marking problem and I found that regular pet carpet cleaning products do not take the uric acid up (which I'm assuming is the chemical that stays behind even after vigorous cleaning). I went around the house with a black light one night and was horrified to find that the stains I carpet cleaned did not come up (the acid that is). However, there is no smell nor visible stain...you can only see it with the black light.

Anyone know?
[notify]
Delta and- Doc

The Spots Are In- The House!

Barked: Tue Dec 14, '10 11:51am PST 
Might actually be the urine remover leaving the mark in the black light... If he's not frequenting the same place and it doesn't smell, then I would think it's all cleaned up...

And yes, supposedly the active enzymes destroy the uric acid of the urine. Lol I haven't had a problem so I suppose I can say it works for me... but I guess I can't say I know for sure it works. Lol
[notify]
Butters

~7lbs. of- spoiled rotten~

Barked: Thu Dec 16, '10 10:07am PST 
Haha no it's definitely not the urine remover. I don't use that stuff. All I used was the Bissell Pet Carpet Shampoo, and before I didn't have any of that, I tried using my Lysol All Purpose spray just so I could at least get the smell out of the first stain I found.

The stain showing in the black light is definitely the urine stain. I just can't find anything to take the whole thing up! =P

I'll take a picture of it this evening if I can remember and create a new thread.
[notify]

(Page 2 of 2: Viewing entries 11 to 13)  
1  2