GO!

Fur...need I say more?

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
(Quin)- Herdabout- The Mighty- Qu

Herdabout The- Mighty Quinlan!

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 7:26am PST 
Hey everyone!
So I have tried the fur thing that you wipe along the couch and stuff...Pledge fur thingy lol And it is awesome, but on a knit blanket...I am having issues getting the fur off.

Also, it seems that every time I wash my clothes...they come out with fur on them!!!

HELP!!!
[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 8:01am PST 
One of the best things I do for hair is getting my hand wet and then running it along hairy things and actually "grabbing" the hair. Swirling my hand around works best because my own hair is very long and gets into everything and gathering it into a "hairball" makes pickup easiest. Of course then getting it off your hands is a party-- helps if you have a bucket with some warm soapy water ready! laugh out loud
Tanuk CGC

Sherpa Tanuk of- Everest

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 12:32pm PST 
We use the pet fur remover made by 3M. We have the car one and a sofa one. Not a huge difference between the two. I prefer it because it has little grippies to pulls the hair up, works better on thicker furniture and clothes.
[notify]

(Quin)- Herdabout- The Mighty- Qu

Herdabout The- Mighty Quinlan!

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 8:07pm PST 
So there really isn't a product to put in with my clothes in the wash or dryer that gets the fur or attracts the fur off my clothes/bedding/everything?
[notify]
Quentin- Flagg

King Q - king of clown- town

Barked: Mon Nov 8, '10 8:41pm PST 
We use Bounce dryer sheets and they work really well. I admit, I go a little crazy with them. 2 in a regular load; 3 or even 4 in a large load of darks. Works well for getting hairs out of laundry.

I've never tried any of those fur picker uppers because I just vacuum my sofa and that works for me, but they do sound intriguing.
[notify]
Eponine

Love- unconditionally.

Barked: Thu Nov 11, '10 4:37am PST 
Oh, for laundry! (sorry, I missed that part).

If you have a dryer, try those Dryer Balls! You can get them cheap at Wallgreens and I think WalMart (I even got some here in the UK at Tescos). They're fabulous, save you money on dryer sheets, and for people like me who have sensitive noses and skin and don't like a ton of chemicals on clothes, it's the BEST because your clothes come out soft and with the hair smashed off them from relentlessly being tumbled with the little plastic dealies, but without the extra smell and itching of fabric softener or dryer sheets!

PS if you do large loads of laundry, get two sets and put 'em both in there at once. For best results do not pack clothes in there so tight that the balls can't tumble around a bit.

Edited by author Thu Nov 11, '10 4:38am PST

♥- DarlaMae - ♥

I Am- Iron Nose- !

Barked: Tue Nov 16, '10 2:31pm PST 
We second the Dryer balls as Eppy said.way to go They work & last quite awhile.

One other thing I do is ALways clean lint trap several times per load. It helps it get off more fur/lint & keep the dryer it self free of some of that darned hair(safety issue as well)dog
[notify]
Toto, CD, RN, CGC

We don't do- doodles!!!

Barked: Thu Nov 18, '10 5:55pm PST 
I have found that keeping the WASHER free of excess hair helps keep the dryer cleaner. Hair collects around the sides of our washer.,.. I use a wet washcloth to wipe it off before the next load.

However... the best way I got rid of hair all over my house and clothes was to get poodles and Chinese cresteds instead of labs and shepherds, lol!
[notify]
Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Thu Nov 18, '10 6:02pm PST 
I would also suggest that you clean your lint screen regularly if you use the Bounce sheets. The screen will get a silicone-like coat on it. Pour some water through it. If it doesn't go through freely, take a tootbrush & dish soap to scrub it down. It makes a big difference for drying time, as well.

Dahlia, the Domestic Goddess....wave
[notify]
Pippin-CGC-R- IP Sweet Boy

Gone Far Too- Soon

Barked: Thu Nov 18, '10 7:57pm PST 
Ty for the dryer tip Dahlia!way to go
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2