GO!

Safe products to use in a Raw Fed home

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Diesel

Did someone say- Dinner!?!?!?!?!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:03am PST 
What are some good products and ways you keep your home bacteria free if you feed raw?
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:22am PST 
Hi Diesel smile. I just use a little container of disinfecting wipes. They're cheap, no need for pricey stuff. Just check the back and make sure it kills both salmonella and e-coli. I clean the kitchen counter, the food scale and the cutting board with regular soap and then wipe them all down with the disinfecting wipe afterward. I don't bother disinfecting Charlie's eating area, he licks it clean for me.
[notify]
Mississippi

throw me a- frickin' bone- here

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:24am PST 
I love using vinegar - strong enough to clean up germs, but safe enough to lick the floor afterward. Hubby doesn't like the smell, but it goes away when dry. I've also heard great things about peroxide & baking soda. These are also cheap ways to keep things clean!

Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:46am PST 
Miss and I clean the same way!! YAY GREEN
[notify]
Blake CGC

got meat?

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:54am PST 
I find a soapy dishrag to work wonders on counter tops, bowls, knives, etc. No extra work than if I were preparing a meal using raw meat for my human family.

The floors get spot cleaned with the same soapy dishrag or moped with a vinegar and water solution.
[notify]
Charlie

The world is my- food bowl!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 11:01am PST 
Was I the only one scared into disinfecting wipes by the study posted on our raw forums a while back that stated that not even bleach will kill salmonella? silenced
[notify]
Ginger- Mystic and- Pixie

What trouble can- we get into- today?

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 11:32am PST 
vinager and water I also use Simple Green. I can only use safe products because of septic system.
[notify]
Delta Force- CGC RN NA- RL1

Raw Fed and- Happy

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 12:27pm PST 
I just use soap and water for the counter stuff and objects. For the floor, I believe we use Mr. Clean Febreeze... but honestly... I don't mop that much. >.> Hehehe Room mates and husband cannot stand the smell of vinegar... I'll be looking into a green option for floor cleaner once this bottle runs out... we already use the 'green' stuff for windows and dusting... Oh, and NO P&G! LOL
[notify]
Chloe,- KPA-CTP

Clearance Puppy - The best of them- all.

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 12:53pm PST 
Was I the only one scared into disinfecting wipes by the study posted on our raw forums a while back that stated that not even bleach will kill salmonella?

Haha must've! The way I see it is I eat slightly under cooked chicken (apparently.. I thought it was cooked...) and I don't wash my hands when I feed mice, and I don't wash with soap when it's full blown raw (sometimes i do but i'm not crazy worried about it) and the floor I never wash unless I can feel something on it, like fish oil, cause it bugs me. (otherwise about once or twice a month I clean it with V&W just so people can't be like "ZOMG U R SO GROSS!" (or for chloe so she's not eating nasty old bacterias. and I tract that crap on the carpets on the couch on the bed, EVERYWHERE. and I haven't yet got samlonella.. and i only use vinegar.
[notify]
Nicky

World's Cutest- Leprechaun

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 1:39pm PST 
When in doubt, use vinegar smile
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2