GO!

Swiffer and Febreeze

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  
Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:21am PST 
wave
I don't think these products are safe around pets!
Share your opinions or dislike for these products and others alike. Some people may not know these products are not safe to use around pets.
Please post any other brands that you feel aren't safe.hug

Edited by moderator Tue Nov 2, '10 7:29am PST

Edited by forums moderator
Squ'mey

too old to eat- any more KD

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:25am PST 
I know Dogster Angel had a horrific Febreeze incident, but I did not know about Swiffers! What's the deal with them? I don't have one, but know lots of folks who do.
[notify]
Mya CGC TDI

I'm your new- best friend! Pet- me!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:27am PST 
thinking I got a chain mail message about Swiffer not being safe for pets, but checked it on one of the myth debunking websites and it said Swiffer was perfectly fine to use with pets in the house. I've never been able to find anything on Swiffer being bad with pets from a reliable source (in fact I've found it's completely safe and we have a Swiffer) - can anyone point me to one if I'm wrong?
shrug
[notify]

Our Gang

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:27am PST 
I was under the understanding that this was found to be an urban legend and the products are safe when used correctly
[notify]
Jewel, PCD

8.6lbs of fury- in a bow!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:29am PST 
Wait...what's wrong with Febreeze? I have a bottle but I don't think I've used it in months. thinking I tend to only used it when someone that smokes has been sitting on my furniture.
[notify]
Mya CGC TDI

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:29am PST 
Here's a link on what I've found when I looked it up before:

Swiffer Wet Jet myth link - Click!
[notify]
Diesel

Did someone say- Dinner!?!?!?!?!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:30am PST 
I have heard of FeBreeze being bad, is there a reason why or is just because of some dogs have sensativities?
I love the way it truly helps the smells in my home
[notify]
Peter Parker

It's good to be- the King!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:34am PST 
Actually it was the Swiffer Wet Jet. I'm not sure which chemical exactly is in there, but supposedly the solution used in the Wet Jet is not safe for pets despite the website saying so. I would er on the side of caution and not use any harsh chemicals like that on my floor, but also I am looking out for Peter since he is so low to the ground.dog
[notify]
Mya CGC TDI

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:37am PST 
Peter - if you check out the link I posted it explains that Swiffer is safe. Supposedly a checmical similar to antifreeze is in the product, making it not safe for pets. Actually the chemical is "safe antifreeze" for people with pets. It's not harmful to pets.

Again, I've found it's just an myth. If anyone has facts supporting otherwise, I would love to read them!
[notify]
Bam-Bam, CGC

Lil' Rubble

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 9:38am PST 
Both of my dogs had goopy eyes and runny noses and were miserable after my husband used Febreze once. Personally, it made me feel icky too. I just do not feel that it is safe, regardless of what they claim.

For my floors, I have a shark steam mop, so I can safely clean my hard floors without putting all sorts of chemicals at the dogs level. If I don't use harsh chemicals to clean my own space, I'm certainly not going to use them to clean my dogs space.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 9: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9