GO!

Sofa Covers

This forum is for discussing all topics related to the challenges (and joys!) of keeping your house clean while living with dogs. Here you can share tips, recommendations for products and techniques, and more!

(Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3  
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 8:56am PST 
Seems like most dog owners have one thing in common - sofas that are covered. So what do you use to cover your sofa and do you remember what color the sofa is?

We use indian-type blankets - they get washed every weekend. Our sofa is a brown/tan tweed and looks like new (it is 12 yrs old) under the blankets!
[notify]
Bella and- Daisy CGC

I'm a Meanie

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:18am PST 
frown My girls don't get on the couch.

But, if they ever decide to change their minds I have a purple queen sized sheet ready for them. It's the same color as my purple couch.
[notify]
Dahlia

Gone, But Not- Forgotten.

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:21am PST 
The blue couch has a fleece blanket over it. You can get them cheaply and they wash up pretty good. I refuse to go to the plastic covers that used to be in vogue many moons ago.
[notify]

Rusty

The Little- Prince

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 11:25am PST 
I use king size blankets - beige - the color of the couch. I've got a couple of them so I can put on a clean one if company comes over.
[notify]
Peanut

Mommy\'s little- suction cup

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 11:30am PST 
Mom is actually shopping right now for a slip cover for our sofa. We have two blankets on it now and I still pull them up to lay under them! shrug

Years ago Mom used to think she was the only person in the world that covered every piece of furniture with throws. When she found Dogster she found out pretty quick EVERYBODY does it! laugh out loud
[notify]
Nicky

bitches love- pantaloons

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 1:26pm PST 
There's a cloth slip cover on our couch, but it was ratty before the dogs came into the picture laugh out loud

Edited by author Fri Oct 22, '10 1:27pm PST

[notify]
Thor

Hump Hump

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 3:41pm PST 
wave Turner ,

We just use regular bedsheets to cover our downstairs couch & chairs.. They are usually dark color ones ,like black or blue ,maybe green.. thinkingthinking
When company comes I just shoo off Thor & Hubby and take the sheets off & throw them in a closet... laugh out loudlaugh out loud.
Over the years we have collected several rotating sets ..

This system has worked out well for us over the years...big grin

Hugs & Farts
Thor ... wave
[notify]
Harlow

st. francis of- asses

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 4:31pm PST 
Our sofa cover? Umm...white dal hair??? laugh out loud
[notify]
Sprite

Center of- attention 24/7!

Barked: Fri Oct 22, '10 10:26pm PST 
We use a thin blanket to cover our one couch...it doesn't match the couch, but that doesn't matter since it is ugly anyways. BOL! So when guests come over, we change the blanket or...shh...flip the blanket over. party
Our other couch is downstairs in a room Sprite isn't allowed in, since it's a newer one and we'd rather not have it covered in hair. Of course, Sprite sometimes sneaks in there anyways but it's usually not a problem laugh out loud
[notify]
Turner - Gone Too- Soon

Hi I'm Turner- Wanna Smell My- Butt?

Barked: Sat Oct 23, '10 5:16am PST 
We have some sheets to rotate in the summer, and blankets in the winter. We also remove the sheets/blankets when company/family arrives. happy dance

It's funny, just about everyone I know with dogs covers their furniture.
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 3: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  3