GO!

Hi everybody!Looking for a secondhand Crestie...

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Summer

In love with- Cresties <3

Barked: Tue Dec 9, '08 7:03pm PST 
Hey! I'm a new Crestie lover, as I just stumbled upon the breed and fell head over heels in love with itsmile

I'm planning to bring a Crestie of my own home in October . . . I'll still be 19 then, and I'm wondering where I can find a secondhand Crestie to adopt? Most organizations I have found require anyone considering adoption to be at least 21 . . . any help?
[notify]
Tucker, CGC,- TDI

Bloggin' Dog

Barked: Thu Mar 5, '09 8:03am PST 
That's odd! I haven't heard of specific age requirements for adopters, other than that they be at least a legal adult, which you are.

I actually found Tucker, my Powderpuff CC, at my hometown humane society. It was a happy accident - I wasn't looking for a Crested, I just fell in love with him.

Obviously Petfinder would be a good place to start, and in the meantime do as much research on the breed as you can. Go to dog shows, chat with breeders. Sometimes breeders have dogs that are failed or retiring show dogs that they want good homes for. There will usually be a spay/neuter contract as part of the adoption agreement, and almost always some sort of adoption fee.

Wherever you eventually find your Crestie, while you are waiting and looking, research, research, research. That way when you find the dog you want to adopt, you'll be able to dazzle the rescue organization or the breeder with how much homework you've done.

Good luck - Cresteds are amazing!
[notify]