GO!

Help! The cats keep teasing me!

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Finnley

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 7:59am PST 
We have three cats, two who are almost a year old, and a Catahoula puppy. The old cat has established boundaries for the kittens and the dog and is not up to their foolishness. The kittens, however, want to play with the dog. They'll flop down right in front of where she's walking so she has to step over them or, more likely, start playing with them. They are a mess, they run and chase and use every surface as a playground. The cats can easily get away from the dog, we have dog-free zones. They are deliberately teasing her. Do I let this go on? How do I stop it? Will the dog eventually hurt them? Right now she's the one coming away with the battle scars. Will she eventually learn to stay away from them? Help?!
[notify]
Gabriel- (Gabii)

Mr.Boss-

Barked: Mon Jan 30, '12 1:29pm PST 
My catahoula was having the same problem and he eventually tought them who the boss was, they will learn to get along sooner or later, usually sooner. So you shouldnt have to worry that much unless they get worse and more agressive.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 5:20am PST 
My Catahoula (3 yrs) and my brown tabby (5 yrs) are best friends and worst at times. They sleep together and kiss every morning then chase each other around the house the rest of the day. Cats do need to establish their boundaries simply due to their size. The dog does have a few battle scars. But overall, they are very cute together and enjoy each other company.
[notify]

Barked: Fri Feb 24, '12 5:21am PST 
My Catahoula (3 yrs) and my brown tabby (5 yrs) are best friends and worst at times. They sleep together and kiss every morning then chase each other around the house the rest of the day. Cats do need to establish their boundaries simply due to their size. The dog does have a few battle scars. But overall, they are very cute together and enjoy each other company.
[notify]
Finnley

Barked: Sun Mar 4, '12 7:17pm PST 
thanks for your replies! Finnley is still chasing the cats but isn't pulling their tails anymore. I think the cats enjoy the attention and the game of it. It'll soon be warm enough they can all go play outside and stop chasing through the house!
[notify]