GO!

How big do you think he will be?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Pirogue

Chew on- everything in- sight.

Barked: Thu Jan 5, '12 5:55pm PST 
Hi all,
I have a first generation catahoula/Pitt mix. He is now 10 weeks old. I took himk to the vet today for his second shots and he weighed in at 13.1 lbs. it seems like he is going to be a big dog. His mom was a full blooded pitt that was short and stocky at about 60 lbs. His dad was a full blooded Catahoula that is tall and lean at 80 lbs. My friend owns my boys littermate and he weighed in at 12.1 lbs. I was just trying to get an idea of how big my boy will be.
[notify]
Finnley

Barked: Mon Jan 23, '12 7:51am PST 
there are several calculators online to help you determine the adult size of your pup. A larger dog may need to be a little older for a more accurate guess, though. Our Houla puppy was 12 lbs at 12 weeks and is 26 at 4mo. The guesstimate for her is about 78lbs adult weight. Time will tell!
[notify]
Pirogue

Chew on- everything in- sight.

Barked: Sat Jan 28, '12 5:59pm PST 
He is going to be 13 weeks on Monday and I just weighed him the other night and he was 21lbs.
[notify]

Barked: Sat Apr 14, '12 3:17pm PST 
How large is your pup now? We are looking at adopting a Catahoula mix who is estimated to be around 16 weeks and as of 5 or 6 days ago weighed around 13lbs... just trying to get an idea of how big he might end up.
[notify]