GO!

Whats the best food to feed my boxer

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Fonzie

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 8:06am PST 
I am a year and a half and my mom and dad feed me Royal kin for boxers but it gives me bad strinky gas, any one know what else is better for me.
[notify]
Rocco

Don't let things- bother you!

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 8:13pm PST 
You might want to read up on reading dog food labels. Here are some links to look at:
dog food project
dog food analysis

You can try foods like Innova, Innova Evo, Wellness, Solid Gold, Kirklands (costco's dog food), chicken soup, and others
[notify]
Max

Somewhere there- is something I- can eat..

Barked: Sun Sep 28, '08 8:49pm PST 
We like Innova Adult! (The green bag)

Max still has gas, but it's better than it was before, and the other 2 only rarely have it...
[notify]

Tigger

Barked: Mon Sep 29, '08 11:23am PST 
I used to have alot of gas along with itchy red skin. Now I'm on Nutro Lamb and Rice and it's worked very well for me. No one can tell if I even have gas anymore.
[notify]
tobias

Whens the food- coming????

Barked: Mon Sep 29, '08 12:05pm PST 
we eat merrick dry cowboy cookout, grammys pot pie ect.
also canidea is a great dog food its human grade and doesnt have by products and additives.
[notify]
KoKo

I love cuddling- in bed with Mom- and Brea

Barked: Mon Sep 29, '08 1:30pm PST 
I know it's a weird name, but this is the greatest food for my 2 babies that I've ever fed - and both of them are thriving on it. KoKo, my 3 year old boxer was having issues with scratching and biting his toes. The vet said he could have allergies. A doctor friend of mine that also has dogs with the same symptons said to take both of them off the food I was feeding, said it was junk (well, I thought it was one of the top foods). Long story, short, she gave me the name of a company that makes GREAT food, no additives, no fillers etc. Take a look for yourself: www.flintriver.com

They have been on the fish and chips for 2 months now, and there is no more scratching, plus they absolutely love the food. A plus is, they deliver it right to your door. You won't be sorry if you order this for your dog (I also have my cat on the food too!!).
[notify]
Mia

Miz DIVA--->Move- DOGS get out the- way!!

Barked: Wed Oct 1, '08 9:09am PST 
Mommy just switched our food 3 weeks ago because I was getting a bad reaction to it. I was red & itchy all over. So Mommy searched the net & finally decided to give Orijen "fresh fish formula"(the baby blue bag) a try. Silky & I both love it, I am not red or itchy anymore.
[notify]
Mia

Miz DIVA--->Move- DOGS get out the- way!!

Barked: Wed Oct 1, '08 9:09am PST 
Mommy just switched our food 3 weeks ago because I was getting a bad reaction to it. I was red & itchy all over. So Mommy searched the net & finally decided to give Orijen "fresh fish formula"(the baby blue bag) a try. Silky & I both love it, I am not red or itchy anymore.
[notify]