GO!

Growth question?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Reboot - Retired SD

Retired and- livin' it up!

Barked: Sun Oct 18, '09 4:03pm PST 
I posted this in the puppy forum and didn't get much response that helped me out so here we go!

Reboot is a purebred Border Collie, 8 months old. She's 24" around the chest now. Do you guys think she'll get an extra two inches at all?

I ask because I want to get her this new service dog vest that I found online and I love, but the measurements start at 26" and I don' t know if she'll get that big. I suppose I could just wait and see, but it'd be nice to start looking for something else if I need to! Thanks guys!
[notify]
Jackson

Christmas Eve- Baby

Barked: Mon Oct 19, '09 11:40am PST 
Hi Reboot. I'd say yes and I'm basing that on how Jackson matured. He was still growing at 8 months, very wiry and it didn't seem that he really filled out and reached his adult size until he was about 2. He weighs 40 lbs. now. While he wasn't too thrilled with my method (I have lost my cloth tape measure -- and he'd run for the hills eek if I tried to use the metal type), I came up with the following measurements using a piece of yarn. His chest area (behind his front legs) was 32" and from the front of his chest, around his legs/shoulders to just below his neck was 29". I measured very loosely, so the exact is probably an inch or so less. Hope this helps.
[notify]
Reboot - Retired SD

Retired and- livin' it up!

Barked: Mon Oct 19, '09 2:19pm PST 
Hmm. Thank you! She's 44 pounds now and still a baby, so I was hoping she'd gain that extra weight. I've been using the piece-of-yarn measuring method too! laugh out loud I lost my cloth one so... you know, I do what I have to! That helps a lot though!
[notify]

Jackson

Christmas Eve- Baby

Barked: Sat Oct 24, '09 5:14am PST 
Reboot, I wonder if posting your question in the Service & Therapy dog forum might field more responses?
[notify]