GO!

How much Border Collie do you think is in my breed mix?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Fri Sep 25, '09 7:27pm PST 
I have been on dogster for 4 years and never thought to come in this forum! I think Bunny has BC in him and most other people do too. He is very intelligent, friendly and affectionate. He is also very reactive to stimulas (sp) which is not always a good thing! Oh yeah, he HATES catscry So just how Border Collie do you think he is? He loves to chase the soccer ball too.

He is 1 foot high and 1 and 1/2 feet long and weighs 20 pounds.

Edited by author Fri Sep 25, '09 7:30pm PST

[notify]
Jackson

Christmas Eve- Baby

Barked: Sat Sep 26, '09 8:58am PST 
Hi Bunny. The average height and weight of a Border Collie is 18-22 inches and 30-55 lbs., respectively. Enjoyment at playing soccer and the other traits you describe apply to Border Collies along with many other breeds. There are many acceptable colors and combinations of a Border Collie's coat, and the texture may be wavy, curly, smooth, rough -- the Border Collie is prized for working ability not appearance. High energy (not hyper - as some people label them) is standard and very intense focus when working (tasks happily performed 24/7). As far as hating cats: Yes, most Border Collies will chase a cat but "hating cats" is dog specific, not breed specific. Bunny didn't have exposure to or wasn't taught how to peacefully live with cats in his early years.

Although I don't really see Border Collie, it's a possibility. Bunny is a beautiful dog -- and appears to be just as good and wonderful as a companion and family member as he is beautiful! I do see Pomeraniana/Spitz in Bunny. Possibly some Schipperke (but with a tail?)
[notify]
Bunny

Black dogs rock!

Barked: Sat Sep 26, '09 2:33pm PST 
Thanks for the compliments, Jackson red face Bunny was exposed to one cat, a senior, dog savy cat that we had when we got him . That was pretty much it though. Everyone agrees he is mixed with Pom. big grin My friend who is a vet, says he has JRT also, she is iffy on the Border Collie , but like you , says its possible. It was his ears that always made me think that.smile
[notify]

Checkers lost

Tail Wagaholic

Barked: Sun Oct 4, '09 1:52pm PST 
He looks like a Pommie/Spitz type of dog
[notify]