GO!

How much does your Border Collie weigh?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3  
Teddy

Do you want to- play with me???

Barked: Thu May 7, '09 1:09pm PST 
way to goI come from a line of big working BC,i'm not even 2 years old and i weight 58 pounds,i mesure 22 inch at the shoulderbig grin,i'm all muscles.My grandpaw was even bigger then thatway to go

Edited by author Thu May 7, '09 1:19pm PST

[notify]
Skyehigh Ziiva

got disc dog?

Barked: Mon May 18, '09 8:56am PST 
Jake - Male

Lyrik - Female

Ziiva - Female

Mei - Female

Leila - Female
[notify]
Jaydens- Rowena,- SD-c, PAT,- CGC

It's all about- the frisbee!!

Barked: Tue May 19, '09 4:47pm PST 
Rosie is about 20" tall and finally up to 35 pounds! It took us so long to get her food that she liked and her belly liked too, and finally nearing 5 years old, I feel she has evened off. She is a petite border collie, but lean and lanky too. And of course, sopping wet looks like a toothpick. This year her hair has filled in nice and thick, and that makes her look filled in as well. She has a sister that is only 17" and was almost 37 pounds about 2 1/2 years ago. Rosie was about 19 or 20" and about 30 -32 pounds at that time. I have noticed that many US farm bred border collies tend to be taller, but lean. They usually tend to have a thinner coat than show bred dogs for the most part. Rosie took after that half of her family. Her sister had a long fluffy, thick coat as did her mom. She has a similar coat and build as her father who is from mostly working dogs. She smiles like him and has that same lively look about her eyes like her dad as well. I like the variety in border collies, and farm or other, I love them all dearly. The Pet Smart trainer (or was it Petco) doesn't know dog breeds that well. You look all border collie!
[notify]

Ginger

Good girl

Barked: Tue May 19, '09 6:27pm PST 
My little girl is 27 pounds! She is a year old and I sure do love my border collie.cheer
[notify]
Bandit

OOOPs, I farted

Barked: Mon Jun 1, '09 9:05pm PST 
Spank is 41. Bandit is 49.
[notify]
Benjamin- Travis

Barked: Wed Jun 3, '09 8:33am PST 
My Border Collie Mix weighs 45 lbs, male.
[notify]
Dandelion

helloooo....! - i\'m TALKING to- you!!!!!

Barked: Tue Jun 9, '09 9:59am PST 
"Dandelion: your page says that Dandelion is 6 mos. old. Since he's still growing, you might want to keep an eye on what range he actually does weigh. Most food guidance recommendations and medications (i.e. heartworm) are based on the weight and/or age of the dog, so you want to be sure you are giving an appropriate amount or dose." - jackson

yep - he was born in november. he's BIG: he's the size of an average full-grown dog now - his back is about halfway up to my hip past my knee (if you get what i mean) and when he stands on his back legs with his forepaws on my lap, his head is higher than mine. his food said a dog of his age and a very generous weight range was supposed to get 2-1/4 to 3-1/3c a day but when i gave him 3-1/3 c a day, he started to get really evil with the food stealing and eating stuff like sticks and firewood (actually swallowing it!). when i noticed his waist was seriously pinching in, i upped it to 3-3/4c a day and now he just takes a few mouthfulls at a time - on days i can't work him like usual, he's got breakfast left when i put his dinner down but on days i can get him to the boat launch (a wide clearing with river access and lots of trees, birds, and butterflies - perfect for bubbles and frisbee), he schnarfs it back like stink and mooches for more.

Edited by author Tue Jun 9, '09 9:59am PST

[notify]
Kate

Zoom Zoom

Barked: Wed Jun 10, '09 7:17am PST 
Kate is 19 inches at her shoulder and weighed about(if I remember correctly) 34 pounds when she was weighed in April. she is almost 9 months old.

She always looks good til I give her a bath and then all her puffiness and hair gets matted down and she looks like a drowned skinny rat. Anyone else have this problem?

smile
[notify]
Zen RL1 NAJ- SPJ CGC ITD

Zen and the art- of fetching- tennis balls

Barked: Sat Jun 27, '09 12:11pm PST 
Zen's a fairly small BC. She's 10 months old and she weighs about 27 lbs. I love her!
[notify]
Holly

Give me some- fuss now!!

Barked: Thu Sep 10, '09 2:50am PST 
Holly weighs just over 30 so in kg's she weighs 14.4 kg's she is only 14 months old, my vet said's border collie's should weigh at least 14 kg's and no more than 20 kg's although they can weigh upto 25 kg's.
[notify]
  (Page 3 of 3: Viewing entries 21 to 30)  
1  2  3