GO!

question about coats from an aussie

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Spirit Eyes

are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 11:01am PST 
hey BC pups! im spirit. i was rescued from a puppy mill at age 2.5. now my mom is wondering what i really am. see... i most definately came from mini aussie rescue because im on the petite side... BUT... i dont have an aussie coat. frown i have a short, soft, and only single layered coat. is this a border collie trait???? Are there any other characteristics that mom should look for in me besides the obvious tail thing? mom & dad just find it strange that out of all the aussies they have ever come across i am the only one they have ever seen with this sort of coat. (You can kinda tell in my photos). My coat is very very thin, and well... very us-aussie. just hoping for some opinions from our herding pals!! THANKS!!!
[notify]
Teagan

Where's the- Agility

Barked: Sat Aug 4, '07 1:13pm PST 
I'm a smooth coated BC, but I still have a double coat.
[notify]
Shiner Bark, RN

Monkey On A Rope

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 6:58am PST 
I'm a smooth coated Border Collie too. I have a double coat, but my undercoat consists of a thin layer of very fine, soft hair.

I think you'd probably get better info from the Aussie forum since Border Collies vary so widely in looks.
[notify]

Spirit Eyes

are you gonna- eat that?

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 8:25am PST 
interesting. thanks shiner. ive posted in there too, but not much response. your coat looks very similar to mine... i just have some feathering behind my ears and on my legs, but it is still very very soft, and fine. hmm.... i just dont know. anyway... thanks for the help.... you guys have awesome pages.
[notify]
Shiner Bark, RN

Monkey On A Rope

Barked: Mon Aug 6, '07 9:20pm PST 
Oops, I should have included the info that only my undercoat is soft. My topcoat is short, coarse, and very, very shiney. It's great when I get muddy 'cause mom only has to wait until I dry off and the dirt brushes right out.
[notify]