GO!

hello.

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '07 9:57am PST 
does anyone else have an epileptic border collie? I belong to a cannine epi site and there seem to be alot of border collies or border collie mix on there.
Dylan is now 9 monthe seizure free so we have found the right balence of meds I hope.
[notify]
ADCH Blazing- Fire NA, NAJ

I Love- Agility!!!!

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '07 4:31pm PST 
My brother was epileptic. I think the ABCA (American Border Collie Assoc.) is helping to fund a study on Epilepsy in Border Collies. It has been an increasing problem lately. frown My brother had very severe Grand Maul seizures (he would have between 5-8 every day), we tried many medications and while it did seem to help, he would still have at least one a day, so in the end he had to be put down. cry Mom says that she might make a Dogster page for him soon.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Sat Jul 21, '07 5:29pm PST 
when the seizures first started I had 5 on the first day, then went about 3 weeks and had 4. I would cluster is what they called it. between aug 7th and oct 13 I had 21.but being on 50mg phenabarbitol once a day and 250 mg of potassium bromide twice aday. has helped me. plus a few very taste supplaments mom&dad give me has helped me get control. I am regestered with the ABCA, II didn`t know they were studing it, maybe I`ll tell mom to contact them. thanks
very sorry about your brother. but he`s seizure free waiting for you on the rainbow bridge
[notify]

Oliver PAWS

<3s tennis- balls, peanut- butter, & Fling

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '07 4:44pm PST 
Oh wow

Because I have none I never knew it exsisted.
[notify]
ADCH Blazing- Fire NA, NAJ

I Love- Agility!!!!

Barked: Mon Jul 23, '07 7:51pm PST 
I'm glad that medication worked for you. We tried both of those on Craig (my brother), and it helped, but not enough. cry

I know he is happy and pain free now, although I don't want to go see him any time soon (I want to stay here with my mom as long as possible big grin). Plus he always bossed me around, now I get to boss my sister arounddancing.
[notify]
Dylan aka- Dilly

frisbee- s rule

Barked: Tue Jul 24, '07 2:05am PST 
oh...I didn`t mean....I hope you stay with your mom along time tooo.

sure wish I could boss my sister around. shes a sheltie, and thinks shes a princess. and a big pain in my tail!
[notify]