GO!

What am I???

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Riley Avery

I'll make you- smile :]

Barked: Sun May 6, '07 12:12pm PST 
I need some input on what type of breed Riley is.
We were told she is full australian shepherd. I don't doubt it completely, she has many traits from the breed. However, she tall for an aussie, she's around 50-60 pounds and still has her tail. Her hair is also much shorter and thinner than aussies.
I think her body type is more Border Collie, but I'm not sure.
I have some pics up that you may be able to get a pretty good idea of how she look.
[notify]
Maddie

Frisbee is life

Barked: Sun May 6, '07 12:58pm PST 
What you are is very beautiful!

I am definitly not an expert, especially on breed standards. I was bred from pure working lines and our vet says I'm quite small compared to North American bc's but I think you do for sure have border in you. Your face is long and a little thin just like mine, and most of the other pure bc's in my family. I am pretty sure that aussies are a little stockier than borders, though some do have tails so that's not something to easily go by!
[notify]
MOLLY MAE

Barked: Sun May 13, '07 7:55am PST 
Iwould guess that you definently are a border collie mix . Dont think its with assie though . Either way youre a good looking doggie .
[notify]

Marvin, CGC,- FGDCH40K,- TFP

Where's my- ball????

Barked: Fri May 25, '07 6:26am PST 
We agree. We don't see the Aussie in your either. You definately look more border collie to us. Although you are big for herding lines you are about right for typical North American BC's! Check out my brother and I and you'll see the resemblance!

Edited by author Fri May 25, '07 6:26am PST

[notify]
Weston

Barked: Wed May 30, '07 8:36pm PST 
Wes is quite large for a border collie as well so feel free to look at his profile and few pictures to compare. He is a purebred but he weighs in at about 65-70 pounds. When around other purebreds Wes also seems to tower above them. I can't give you an exact shoulder height but it's about 24 inches. I hope that helps.
[notify]
Lazer Lyrik

Barked: Wed Jun 20, '07 6:57am PST 
Mommy says that she sees some Border collie in you! You're very pretty!
[notify]