GO!

Do I count as a Border Collie?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
maks

Trouble Maker

Barked: Tue Apr 17, '07 5:00pm PST 
I am a Border Collie/Cocker Spaniel. Does that count that I am a Border Collie?
[notify]
Holly

Barked: Thu Apr 19, '07 3:44am PST 
cheerHey Maks,

I think it does! welcome to dogster

Hollycheer
[notify]
zeus

Crazy little- thing called dog

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 5:51am PST 
I'm a border collie husky mix and I look like half and half just like my personality, so I am really smart and really sneaky at the same time, does that make me a Border Collie?
[notify]

zeus

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 5:51am PST 
I'm a border collie husky mix and I look like half and half just like my personality, so I am really smart and really sneaky at the same time, does that make me a Border Collie?
[notify]
Bob

I'm a Genius!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 6:13pm PST 
Zeus and Maks, of course you count as border collies! I'm a border collie/something-we're-not-sure-what-else X. But my personality is 100% all bee cee. What else do you think I have in me?
[notify]
Breeze

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 8:37pm PST 
sorry guys mixes actually are not true Border Collies for a host of reasons..I know I sound mean but those are the facts..But who says we cannot pretend you are Border Collies as no one has to know..

Actually truth is many purebred Borer Collies do not behave like a real Border Collie ... Yikes!

I am in the dog house on this one...

cheers
[notify]
Bob

I'm a Genius!

Barked: Wed Apr 25, '07 9:26pm PST 
Just curious, but would you list a few of the "host of reasons?" And I may be wrong, but I think the OP was asking if it was okay to post on this breed-specific forum. And again, I may be wrong, but I though both bc's and bc mixes were welcome to post on this forum. If I am wrong, sorry for posting, and I'll exit.

And for all I know, Bob may not be a mix. He then would just be the biggest border collie I've ever seen.
[notify]
Breeze

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 7:12am PST 
To better answer your question as to what makes a border collie a border collie....I would suggest researching what a Border Collie was bred for and all the characteristics that make a border collie ...a border collie rather than anything else..

anything else is simply not ..a border collie..

As a breeder of border collies who focuses on maintaining and improving the breed I cannot help but to point out any misconceptions that a mixed breed is not a border collie regardless of how the dog may appear.

I was not suggesting that the poster should not,could not, or was not welcomed to post..

thats all

And I apologize if I came across as sounding rude..

just a technicality..

cheers

Edited by author Thu Apr 26, '07 7:14am PST

[notify]
zeus

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 2:17pm PST 
We understand what you mean but we were asking if we could post too. My dog is definately mostly BC traits, and to the person w/ the super ig BC, the dog doesn't look purebred but it is soooooo beautiful, no one would notice ; )
[notify]
zeus

Barked: Thu Apr 26, '07 2:18pm PST 
We understand what you mean but we were asking if we could post too. My dog is definately mostly BC traits, and to the person w/ the super ig BC, the dog doesn't look purebred but it is soooooo beautiful, no one would notice ; )
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2