GO!

You guys are breed of the week

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Sissy

Merry Christmas

Barked: Fri Mar 30, '07 6:09pm PST 
Hey you guys can you give me info on this breed? And give a shout out cause you are breed of the week!
[notify]
Oliver PAWS

<3s tennis- balls, peanut- butter, & Fling

Barked: Fri Mar 30, '07 6:44pm PST 
Hey as mom says Border Collies are the coolest and weirdest breed. We're very active, mom takes me on long walks. Though we're hyper and love to herd and play a lot of us love to cuddle. Also we think we're gaurd dogs.

BORDER COLLIES RULE
[notify]
TBBS&S

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '07 7:24am PST 
Border collies aren't for the faint hearted, they don't make good pets if they haven't got a job to do, that job can be herding sheep that they were originally bred to do or a sport like, agility, flyball, obedience, etc, if not given a job to do they will make their own and you might not like it, 'herding' cars, kids, etc.
[notify]

Georgie

the backyard is- MINE!!!

Barked: Sat Mar 31, '07 10:43am PST 
all i do all day is look for mice and lizards in the backyard.mom puts lettuce just outside the fence so i can see bunnies eating it.
[notify]
Inka Blue- Ice [RIP}

watch out....I- was here first

Barked: Sun Apr 1, '07 4:31pm PST 
cheer You gota yet a border collie if you want have some fun, they need lots of exercise, and are breed for herding and things like.wave
[notify]
Swifty

Barked: Mon Apr 9, '07 10:39am PST 
I find it cool that just as i'm joing up and adding my much loved Border Collie to Dogster, they are breed of the week. To me that is a good sign smile

And yes, Border Collies are awsome. Never a dull moment with my Swifty laugh out loud
[notify]
Millie

Unconditional- love.

Barked: Fri Apr 27, '07 9:28am PST 
I'm so glad there is a border collie section now!

Border Collies are extremely intelligent dogs. They catch on to things very quickly. If you don't want to be outsmarted by your dog once in a while, don't go for a border collie.
They require a lot of exercise and mental stimulation. They thrive in dog sports such as agility, flyball, and obedience. Of course they commonly do stockwork.
They are usually very responsive and connected to their people.
BCs are definitely not for everyone.

They are very diverse. They can have a smooth coat, a long rough coat, or somewhere inbetween. They can have prick ears, semi-prick, drop, rose, or a combination. They can be black and white, liver and white, all white, sable, red merle, blue merle, tri color, and lots more colors and combinations. They can be as little as 25 pounds and as much as 60 pounds.
Border Collies are amazing. I love them. cheer
[notify]