GO!

Kirkland grain free

Discuss ways to improve the quality of your dog's life and longevity through proper nutrition; a place for all of your questions and answers about feeding your pooch!

Please keep discussions fun, friendly, and helpful at all times. Non-informative posts criticizing a particular brand or another poster’s choice of food are not allowed in this Forum. References to any brand of food as "junk," "garbage," or other harsh names will be removed.

Drake

What dont kill- you only makes- you strong

Barked: Mon Jan 11, '10 12:47pm PST 
Found a great food at costco its a salmon based grain free and was 28 for a 35 pound bag. Any one on a budget and wanting to go grain free its a great deal. The dogs are doing great on it and love it. Any one else try this food???
[notify]
Jasper

an oodle of fun!

Barked: Mon Jan 11, '10 1:59pm PST 
Hi Drake- I posted about it when I saw it at Costco. Nature's Domain, right? I am sure others will be happy to know it is a good food. It is much like TOTW Pacific and is made by Diamond who makes both TOTW and Kirkland (as well as other foods). It is a great deal for sure.
[notify]
Daddy

Changing one- mind at a time - APBT style

Barked: Mon Jan 11, '10 5:16pm PST 
It's certainly a step in the right direction. My only concern is that even though it's grain free it seems to have a goodly amount of potato in it. My reasons for thinking this include:

* It has sweet potatoes and regular potatoes in the first four ingredients as well as potato protein.

* The protein content isn't that high.

* The food starts off with only one meat source; the ocean fish meal is the 10th ingredient so there probably isn't a whole lot of it.

Edited by author Mon Jan 11, '10 5:17pm PST

[notify]

Abby

Barked: Mon Jan 11, '10 6:57pm PST 
I tried to find this on Costco online and couldn't. My Costco isn't carrying it yet.
[notify]