GO!

Do you think I could be one of you guys??

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

Cocoa Bear

Barked: Thu Dec 27, '07 3:40pm PST 
I'm trying to find a breed specific forum I can post in, but I'm not sure if my new fur baby is part bernese mt dog or not. The rescue had her as part chow, but I don't see it in her looks or attitude. Many dogsters suggested she was part bernie. What kind of characteristics can I look for? Do you think that physically Cocoa looks like Bernese mt. dogs?? Thanks!!
[notify]
Saskia

The Socialite

Barked: Thu Jan 17, '08 7:46pm PST 
Yep, kid. You look like you've got some Berner in ya. You've got the standard white and rust markings, hair coat, size and you even sit like a Berner. There is clearly another breed at work in your phenotype as well, but who knows what that is? Good luck and welcome to the Berner family!
[notify]
Riley- CGC

"i can take- apart the remote- contol"

Barked: Sun Apr 13, '08 6:06pm PST 
you def have berner markings, though i have heard that all the swiss dogs have the same markings just with a diff doggie body, you should try looking at the other swiss dogs too smile
[notify]