GO!

How much does your Aussie bark?

This is a forum for bonding with your fellow Dogsters about the traits, quirks and idiosyncrasies of your favorite breed. Please remember that there are absolutely no animal sales or requests for studding or breeding allowed on our sites. All posts and interactions should be in the spirit of Dogster's Community Guidelines and should be fun, friendly and informational. Enjoy!

(Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2  
Wellington

Sir Wellington- Wigglebutt

Barked: Mon Mar 23, '09 7:47pm PST 
I had always heard that Aussies tend to be 'barkers' and I know a few that can validate that claim (with gusto). For this reason, Welly has me totally puzzled. He has only barked maybe 5 times since I got him at 10 weeks and he is 8 months now. What gives? Even another dog barking in the same room doesn't get him going. Me and other family members have even tried to get him to bark by getting him riled up and making barking noises ourselves. He just stares at us like we are nuts. I know his mom barks when people come to the door, which I like for security reasons. I know people usually have the opposite to deal with- barking too much- but I am totally baffled. How much does your Aussie bark?
[notify]
ღBailey- ღ

Lil' Miss- Sociable

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 5:38am PST 
Bailey dosn't bark much either just when our horses come down or at intruders
[notify]
Abbey

Aussie Tomboy!

Barked: Tue Mar 24, '09 2:19pm PST 
Abbey never barks in the yard. The only time she barks is when someone comes to the door, and it's just a warning "boof" to let us know.
[notify]

Desoto

Bird Whisperer

Barked: Thu Mar 26, '09 11:40am PST 
I think barking is more of an issue with understimulated aussies. Desoto never barked until he was around 6 months. He barks when there is a legit reason (loud noise outside, someone at the door etc) But thats it. I always heard that rough collies where terrible barkers and I never had an issue with mine either
[notify]
Dot

What do you mean- I'm a terror?

Barked: Fri Mar 27, '09 8:37pm PST 
Dot's always been a barker, she has a really high-pitched "Yip!" But that could be the Mini-aussie side. laugh out loud

Mia rarely barks
[notify]
Zubenelgenub- i *Zuby*

precision chewer- and speed- digger!

Barked: Mon Mar 30, '09 9:37am PST 
Zuby only barks at other dogs at this stage and mainly in a playful way. He takes the play posture with rump in the air and barks a couple times to get the other dog's attention. He is four months.
[notify]
Cinder

Unconditional- Love

Barked: Mon May 18, '09 4:09pm PST 
Make sure Welly is not deaf as some Aussies have that problem. It is usually genetic. My Aussie doesn't bark alot a home but if she sees another dog she barks and barks. Grimmyblue dog
[notify]
Madeleine- Rose Madsen

Barked: Fri May 22, '09 2:35pm PST 
I think its an individual thing not a breed thing. Thomas barks when suspicious people walk by the house or animals are outside he wants to chase but thats it. His sister Madeleine however barks a lot more, whenever she gets frustrated basically lol. Can't get on the bed, off the bed, out of the crate, to the food, find the perfect toy . . . .SHE BARKS lol
[notify]
Zubenelgenub- i *Zuby*

precision chewer- and speed- digger!

Barked: Fri May 22, '09 8:40pm PST 
Now that Zuby s older (5+ months), he is barking louder and more. He barks at critters in the woods around dusk, probably deer. I'm trying to get him to bark a few times and then come to me to let me know, instead of going on and on.
[notify]
Rex

Lone Star Aussie

Barked: Sat May 23, '09 2:28pm PST 
Rex barks when he is playing and when somebody walks by our house(which I like). I hope he doesn't start to bark a lot though,because he has a REALLY annoying bark. haha it's true
[notify]
  (Page 1 of 2: Viewing entries 1 to 10)  
Page Links: 1  2